The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Random Thread  (Read 2055943 times)

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Tickle me!
Re: The Random Thread
« Reply #106635 on: October 20, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »
China has no animal welfare laws at all, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was like that in all of China.
AND China sells their fur to the rest of the world, where they make stuff, so it's really hard to tell from where something really came.

So this is why you're buying from reputable manufacturer. And you don't need to know the ultimate truth, you only need to believe it.
The whole morality thing, well I don't force my believes on other and I want them to do the same for me.

Post Merge: October 20, 2015, 09:10:36 PM

Obey, you watch too many movies
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:13:49 PM by Traum »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #106636 on: October 20, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »

Probably banned because it might upset people. It seems to be a pretty toucy subject especially among furries.

Never said it wasn't cruel.
Tho, in my opinion, a tail made from a fox that got to be a fox wouldn't be (as) cruel. I have nothing against hunting and/or taxidermy. (A tail made from a fox that died from natural causes wouldn't be cruel at all.)
Fur farming, on the other hand, is pretty much just pure cruelty.

And no, foxes are one of the least endangered species there is xP
Ever felt dead?

Any reason I should?
There are people hunting others for kidneys, just like we hunt animals for fur

Yes, people like to kill people for 9001 different reasons.
I still don't see how that should make me feel dead or how I'm a bad person for thinking hunting is better than cramming animals into tiny cages until they're brutally murdered without ever having even felt the ground underneath their paws.

I'm not a hunter and have never (intentionally) pointed a gun at any living creature. But I have no issues with hunting or hunters.
I just consider that to be the lesser of two evils.
If I could chose, I'd also prefer to eat animals that got to be animals rather than factory-farmed ones.

Real fur isn't even necessary in todays society (except for if you're a native living off the land somewhere in the middle of nowhere), so for all I care, fur could be banned altogether.

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #106637 on: October 20, 2015, 09:13:37 PM »
Obey, you watch too many movies
Sorry, but in the past, where I live (next to Ukraine), russian mafia was a real thing

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
« Reply #106638 on: October 20, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »
2730 -confirmed kills- kindeys stolen. Deal with it

Offline Cecilia Peromi

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Squeak!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Mouse
  • Coloring: Purple and white
  • Height: 5 foot 4
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #106639 on: October 20, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »
I have a real tail. Fake tails are still better tho since real tails are all floppy and stuff. Fakes have a lot more bounce to them and usually look better too.

Real tails are also usually banned from cons and stuff.
I got confused. For a second I thought you actually had a tail. I got so jealous!

Anywas, I drew a thing:

Oh woof

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106640 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:12 PM »

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #106641 on: October 20, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »

I still don't see how that should make me feel dead or how I'm a bad person for thinking hunting is better than cramming animals into tiny cages until they're brutally murdered without ever having even felt the ground underneath their paws.

I'm not a hunter and have never (intentionally) pointed a gun at any living creature. But I have no issues with hunting or hunters.
If I could chose, I'd also prefer to eat animals that got to be animals rather than factory-farmed ones.

Real fur isn't even necessary in todays society (except for if you're a native living off the land somewhere in the middle of nowhere), so for all I care, fur could be banned altogether.

Banning only because it's not vital is stupid. It's called luxury. Yes these animals are grown only to be killed and skinned, but they never experienced freedom or a so called good life, so they don't really suffer, because these things don't exist for them. And people need to stop considering only human-like organisms to be worth living a life.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #106642 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »
So being left with untreated eye/ear/skin infections, cuts, bites, scrapes, no water and/or broken bones isn't "suffering" to you?

...And isn't that excatly what I'm doing? Saying that I'd like non-human organisms to have decent lives too?

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #106643 on: October 20, 2015, 09:43:45 PM »
I have to say, Cheza is correct and Traum is not. It's that simple.

Offline ShirokuTheHusky

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Help me define myself ;-;
    • Awards
« Reply #106644 on: October 20, 2015, 09:45:33 PM »
It is. No argument.
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter! @ShirokuTheHusky
Fur Affinity: ShirokuTheHusky
Contact me: [email protected] ShirokuTheHusky on Skype

Offline Traum

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #106645 on: October 20, 2015, 09:53:19 PM »
So being left with untreated eye/ear/skin infections, cuts, bites, scrapes, no water and/or broken bones isn't "suffering" to you?

...And isn't that excatly what I'm doing? Saying that I'd like non-human organisms to have decent lives too?

These animals are not left untreated, because they would simply die. Of course treatment is crude, mainly only antibiotics in food. Not all make it, but most of them do. By saying non-human like I mean bugs, plants, bacteria.

George, non of us is correct. We know almost nothing about this world so our conclusions can't be right ones.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106646 on: October 20, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »
Traum, you speak weird

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #106647 on: October 20, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
They -are- left untreated more often than not. A fox-pelt is only worth ~$18 so it's cheaper to just leave them to die than to treat them.

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #106648 on: October 20, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »

Banning only because it's not vital is stupid. It's called luxury. Yes these animals are grown only to be killed and skinned, but they never experienced freedom or a so called good life, so they don't really suffer, because these things don't exist for them. And people need to stop considering only human-like organisms to be worth living a life.

Had to quote this. Think of battery chickens. They spend their whole lives in a cage about the size of an A4 sheet of paper with many, many other chickens, yet you can clearly see the psychological damage, as well as the pysical issues. Chickens that are battery farmed, like many farmed animals never get to exhibit their natural behaviours. Most of these behaviours are innate, so whether or not they've experienced something will have no effect on how these behaviours manifest, and denying these behaviours by not giving the animals what they need leads to a great deal of stress. That can cause aggression to other animals and humans, stereotypical behaviours and self harm.

Before you make silly statements, read up on the subjet. Chickens, like foxes need lots of space. Chickens without space lose the ability to exhibit natural innate behaviours. Like foxes.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #106649 on: October 20, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »
They -are- left untreated more often than not. A fox-pelt is only worth ~$18 so it's cheaper to just leave them to die than to treat them.

Exactly this, Traum. I would tell you to do your homework but seeing the conditions there is so nasty I'll just hope you believe us.