The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beyond Hallow's Grove  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Wolf Hybrid. His true form is too hideous to describe.
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: Very lean and slightly muscular.
  • Currently: I answered their calls... they wanna go to Toco Bell for dinner ;D
Beyond Hallow's Grove
« on: November 26, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
This is a RP about a world terrorized by undead fiends.... But with a dark twist.

In a world set in the dark ages of the Salem witch trials, a small village called Darkwood is terrorized by the Hallowed, a horrifying illness that transforms people and creatures into beastly creatures. While the nearby kingdom of the Holy Church does very little to aid Darkwood in these hard times, a group of hunters, raised from childbirth to be killers, have journeyed to the town in search for the Moonlight Crucible, a mystic tool of myth that is said to be able to heal any infliction. However, a tool of such power can only be found in the grove that cages Darkwood, The Hallow's Grove. Defend the town from monsters, make enemies with the Holy Church, find the Moonlight Crucible, and discover secrets behind the lore of the world, as well as other otherworldly presences.

Rules

*Up to Ten Players

*You can have as many characters as you want, but your main character needs to be a hunter with a reason for seeking the Moonlight Crucible.

*Magic is allowed, but you will probably be prosecuted by the Holy Church and accused of witchcraft.

*Character sheets for all of your characters :D

Enjoy, and let the hunt begin...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:33:16 PM by Kyle MaJoi »
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: Beyond Hallow's Grove
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 05:38:15 PM »
(I think I post a sheet in a little)

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 01:28:55 AM »
Name: Reyela Garrison
Species: hybrid (silivar/zorua)
Powers: Shadow Kinesis (mental control of over shadows and darkness)
Appearance: Looks like a female version of the picture except with on difference in coloring.. Her fur is mostly black, the details are red and her eyes are red.
Reason for being a hunter: her mother is infected with the illness and in order to save her she is searching for the Moonlight crucible.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 02:42:47 AM by Talia Garrison »
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 02:26:49 AM »
Name: Rayleonarde "Ray" Blackburn

Species: Raccoon

Powers: None, carries a silver rapier and a brace of flintlocks.

Appearance: Purple furred, aside from two tear-drop shaped grey patches on his lower abdomen and chest.

Reason for being a hunter: Felt that the Moonlight Crucible should not be held by anyone unworthy or unholy.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:40 PM »
(Nice characters so far! I'm gonna wait for one more person before we begin :D))
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
Name: Dr.Zed

Speices: Flamingo

Apprence: He wears a fancy trench coat with sachles for herbs and medical gear. Then his bird mask is dark grey and red eye glasses..

Power's: He has enhanced aglity and is a herb healer.

Weapon's: He has a can that inside it's case is a sword and if he says the right word, transforms into a sharp metal whip.

Reason he's a hunter,: He is a doctor and wants to heal anyone, but someimes herbs just don't cut it..

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:33:03 PM by Rasha Silva »
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:13:30 PM »
Name: Rhosyn "Redeemer" Ilwynog
Species: Fox
Powers: None, uses crossbows and maces.
Appearance: Fox coloring, but has four arms and small horns (reason, half demon). Was redeemed by her mentor, against other's wishes. Has no demonic powers, latent or otherwise, horns are purely cosmetic. She hides them in a wide brimmed hat and van-helsing style overcoat. She uses a large repeater crossbow and a mace designed for her.
Reason for being a hunter: Was drafted at a young age due to her "deformities", was told to either become a hunter or be burned at the stake. Only knows the fight against the darkness.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:34:49 PM by Rhosyn_llwynog »

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
((Alright!, looks like we've got enough hunters to start! More people can join in if they want, also. Let the hunt begin...)

"Burn the witch!" Cried an angry voice as a crowd of flurries wearing mangy clothing who were gathered at the center of town. Welding pitchforks and torches, they circled around a young, beautiful rabbit girl in a blue dress who was tied up on a wooden stake. She looked unconscious.

The town the villagers were in was very old, being made up of shaggy buildings and dirt roads. However, the one building that looked remotely nice looking was the church, which had a quote engraved above the front door that read, "Fear the Hallow"

"One bad apple." A voice suddenly spoke, silencing the crowd of angry villagers, "One bad apple it all that it takes to ruin an entire barrel!"

It was the voice of an old raccoon, with gray fur and sunken eyes. He wore black church clothing and, like the rest of the village, had yellow teeth. He held an old, moldy apple on his hand, in which he dropped onto the ground and stomped on it with a growl. "This child has demonstrated witchcraft, and has again brought sin upon our humble town! In the name of our sacred Lord, his child must be punished! Sacrificed to the Hallow!"

With that, the town began to hear as their preacher spoke. As he spoke though, the preacher was looking up at the large clock that was on the church, and grinned as it approached midnight...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:25:13 PM by Kyle MaJoi »
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
She could feel the heavy weight of the iron cross collar she wore around her neck, the symbol of her purity in this dark time, grow heavy. This town, and many like it, had been overcome by the witch-hunting craze.

Fear... she knew it too well. When she walked in to the church for the first time in her youth, the pastor and priests reeked of it. She moved through the angry mob, her brimmed had tight over her head, her armored overcoat resting over her form. As she got up to the front she saw the young rabbit, terror in her eyes. She saw no wickedness in her... yet. She needed to know for herself.

"And pray, Father," she shouted above the fervor as she stepped out of the crowd. "Is this child's sin? What witchcraft has she wrought?" she said, the trappings of a Hunter clear on her clothing.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »
The crowd was stunned by the fox, while the preacher leisurely turned around and grinned. "Do you question the commands of our Lord?" He asked, pulling his book out from his sleeve, "This child was caught demonstrating witchcraft, an act influenced only by the wickedness of the Hallow! And now, she will pay for this sin by being sacrificed the very thing she was worshiping!"

The crowd cheered from the preacher's words, in which one woman cried out, "Witches are the offspring of the Hallow!"
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 07:56:14 PM »
She grinned, stepping closer to the old raccoon.

"For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and insubordination is as iniquity and idolatry..." she said, quoting the scriptures of the book he held. "Tell me Father, as wise a leader as you, for what crime has she commited? What branch of witchcraft hast she used? Or has she been pulled forth for no reason other being in the wrong place at the wrong time, as many are."

She grinned, still hiding her deformities by her cloak and hat, waiting to drop her trump card on this mass if necessary. She felt the handle of her crossbow under the cloak... just in case...

"If this child had indeed committed sin, and is irredeemable, then I will put her down to myself and you can have your orgy of hatred and death."

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
  The Doc was wandering around town when the bruning was taking place..This sadden him to see someone die..and worse yet, he can't use the corspe for his medical research. Now as he walked to the hoard of mindless fur's he saw the precher preach once more...however someone is fighting this...

Interresting..maybe now is a good time to try and help...but it would be good to watch and see were this takes, before action happens..
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
The preacher was silent as his smile dropped. As a sliver of sweat came down his forehead, he looked onto the crowd and saw confused faces. Would their all-knowing father give this stranger an answer? Suddenly, the preacher's thoughts were interrupted when the bunny girl began to speak through her tears.

"I... Just wanted to..." She said, whimpering, "To... s-save him..... my brother... H-he was so sick, and the preacher wasn't h-helping him."

"SILENCE, SINNER!!!" The preacher screamed in rage, pointing his boney finger at her. He looked up at the clock to see that it was almost at midnight, and grinned.

"The beast will be here, soon." He suddenly said with a twisted grin, throwing the crowd into a panic.
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:04 PM »
Dr.Zed wasn't going to let this happen..since this time he has help...or at least he hoped so..Soo tappeing his cane as he walked next to his smart girl and flicked his trench coat while his voice was muffed and had a german accsent..

"I must agree, as a man of medicine I understand what is witchcraft and what is nature.." He grinned under his mask as he took a glance at this preacher...

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
She frowned, noting the preacher's fear, stepping up on the platform with him.

"The beast?" she said cautiously, going on a hunch. "What beast? What kind of creature have you brought here, preacher. You lead the crowd to a frenzy right at midnight... to have a human sacrifice." she muttered under her breath, glaring at him, then turned to the crowd.

"WHICH OF YOU KNOW THIS CHILD'S WRONGDOING? SPEAK, FOR YOUR PREACHER WHO YOU TURN TO HAS LOST HIS VOICE. IF YOU CANNOT, THEN BY MY ANCIENT ORDER THAT HUNTS THE DARKNESS, WE WILL HAVE A FAIR TRIAL. LET IT BE THAT NO INNOCENT WILL DIE WHILE THE REDEEMER HAS COME." she boomed out to the masses. It was flashy, she knew, but the only way to know anything for certain would be in a calm, collected, environment. This mob mentality would just get people killed.