The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beyond Hallow's Grove  (Read 6863 times)

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat/Wolf Hybrid. His true form is too hideous to describe.
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: Very lean and slightly muscular.
  • Currently: I answered their calls... they wanna go to Toco Bell for dinner ;D
Re: Beyond Hallow's Grove
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
She was met by silence, for the crowd, other than the belief of "witchcraft" being associated with the Hallow, had no clue that the bunny girl had done.

"P-people!" the preacher then called in a faintly panicked tone, stepping in front of the huntress, "The Lord is testing us! For seven months, we have protected this town from the Hallow, and from the beast that plagues us, by presenting a sinner as a sacrifice. And now, this woman insists on abandoning our duties and put ourselves at the mercy of the beast!"
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Naval

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • *Sounds of crunching seashells*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Garthim
  • Coloring: Oynx with shine over the exoskeleton, muddy brown hairs, with royal purple eyes.
  • Height: 6.7ft
  • Weight: 270lbs
  • Build: Bulky and bumpy, with a top heavy build.
  • Currently: Looking for a crystal... maybe one that has a darker color.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
  The doctor couldn't help but snicker at this display and suprised by the wise words of this fur..Soo he tought that to add salt to the wound, though he couldn't since after wards he'll most likely put a herb on the wound, but nevermind that..

He took a couple of steps forward and cleared his throat.."Dear preacher, I respect your beliefs..But tell me this...When we have a pest. We remove it.. When he have a problem..we deal with it, instead oh letting it grow..So to let people be in fear of a beast, instead of removing it jsut seems unwise and foolish.." He said in his calm and relaxed voice..

Even though he perfer a bit of blood shed, but now isn't the time or place for such..
  • Avatar by: A picture from Google.
You know the greatest thing I can feel, is the feeling that when I have helped someone. That memory and act of kindness helps to mold them into something great. That thought, that feeling can't be beat. - This guy.

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 08:33:27 PM »
Though the newcomer spoke true, she frowned, now knowing what the preacher had intended. Stepping to his side, she hefted out her book, a large metal and leather bundle, strapped to her side by chains.

"And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger." she read, looking to the preacher.

"Or has your village elder forgotten, human sacrifice to appease any being is a sin in the eyes of our Lord." she looked to the book again, reading: "You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way, for every abominable thing that the Lord hates they have done for their gods, for they even burn their sons and their daughters in the fire to their gods."

She snapped the book shut at the last word and turned to the preacher, righteousness in her eyes.

"Would thou condemn your soul and the souls of your flock to the appeasement of some dark creature? Would thou condemn your souls to the fires of hell for all eternity? No. I will not have that, not when you may be redeemed, old one. I was once redeemed for the heresy of existing. If that is the case, I know too this child and your flock, and yes even you yourself Father, can be redeemed."

She pulled off her hat, her horns, the birth defects they were, showing now in the firelight. "My name is Inquisitor Rhosyn Ilwynog, condemned and brought forth from the darkness, slayer of the night's minions. Perhaps you have heard of me?" she said grinning.

That one was always a crowd pleaser.

((Yay, I love Lawful Good!! :D ))

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »
Ray smiled after Rhosyn's speech, and nodded. "Well spoken, Inquisitor. Couldn't have said it better myself." He watched the child that was to be sacrificed, and his paw tensed about his rapier hilt.

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: He has dark green fur and gray stripes down his back and tail. His eyes are black and have glowing, lime green pupils.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 10:09:44 PM »
((Sorry about the wait DX. Btw, +2 for being awesome, Rhosyn :D))

The preacher looked at the doctor, then at the unworldly fox with eyes that screamed outrage. The villagers though, gazed at the fox with eyes of awe. From her deep cutting words, many broke into tears, while two walked to the girl and began to untie her. While that was happening, the villagers were crowding around the fox and reached our their arms to feel her arms. She was the very thing the preacher had convinced them to fear, and now, she was a messenger to them.

As the bunny girl was gently placed down by the two villagers, exhausted and shaken up, the preacher looked up at the clock and said, "Damn you all!", running back to the church and locking the door behind him.
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:01 PM »
Rhosyn crossed herself. "May the Lord have pity on you, Father."

She turned to the little girl, and crouched down to her level. "Now, little one, what has everyone in a tizzy? You spoke of your brother, and something you did. If you are willing to allow me to assist you, perhaps we can find a way of healing him." she looked up at the one who called himself a doctor, and smiled. "I believe there is hope yet. Would you kindly tell me what you did?"

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:56 PM »
"I... tried a spell that my mother used to heal the sick..." The girl responded, wiping her eyes, "She taught me how to use it... I tried to use it to heal my brother; he's very sick. My mother couldn't heal him because." She then gazed at the stake she was tied up to, and bursted into tears. As she cried, the church bell began to ring a eerie tone, as the villages began to retreat back to their homes, boarding their doors and windows with wooden planks, and arming themselves with knives, farming tools, and guns.
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:07 PM »
Rhosyn flicked an ear at the villagers, watching the movement of the villagers.

"Can you take me to him? We may be able to heal him." looking up she saw the other two who had spoken out against the preacher.

"Doctor, is it? And you, with the blade. Your assistance may be needed. Let's see what darkness plagues this town."

She looked back to the girl. "I promise you will not be condemned for trying to heal the sick, whatever means you used. There is darkness afoot and any light within it is welcome. You can trust me."

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 10:30:45 PM »
The bunny girl hugged the fox as she then said, tears still running down her cheeks, "Thank you... for saving me."

SCREEEEEEEEEACH!!!!!

A loud, almost unworldly screeched boomed from the forest, causing birds to scatter and wildlife to flee. Judging on how loud the screech was, the beast was about a mile and a half away. The girl's arched arched up and her face streaked of horror as she then ran to a nearby shed and hid inside.

(we should wait for the others)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:32:35 PM by Kyle MaJoi »
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 10:38:59 PM »
Ray drew a silver plated flintlock pistol, which were more-or-less rifles that were cut down to pistol size, and tensed. "Something wicked this way comes."

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 10:46:46 PM »
((Wheep wheep wheep! Random encounter time!))

Rhosyn stood, marking in her mind where the bunny girl ran off to, and faced the direction of the sound.

"By the pricking of my thumbs..." she murmered and smiled, pulling off her cloak and lifting the heavy crossbow from her side. It was a mammoth machine, built especially for her four arms to handle, the large barrel drum of bolts fastened tightly. It could fire fast, but was a jerk to reload. Two huge crosses adorned the sides, and the sides of the bow doubled as blades. She whispered a prayer under her breath.

Under the cloak, all four of her arms, covered in leather armor clasps, were visible. Her body armor fully covering her in leather and metal, adorned with pages of scripture and holy symbols. On her back was a two handed mace, for those up close and personal moments. Torches and two small wooden barrels of bolts were attached to her back. Her book still hung loose at her side, dangling on a pair of chains.

"I assume the two of you have fought the darkness before. Come, lets see if this will be the end of our light, or the dawn of another tomorrow."

Offline Kyle MaJoi

• Foxy Fox
  • The Void is Calling...
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:45 PM »
((should we wait for Rasha?))
― H.P. Lovecraft

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 11:25:14 PM »
(What has happened so far?)
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:17 PM »
((Sure, I think Rasha needs to be part of this.

Talia, basically a mob was going to burn a girl at the stake, but we stopped it and now everyone is running and arming due to some monstrosity on it's way to us))

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 11:56:10 PM »
A small shape moved in the darkness watching the scene unfold.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!