The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Character Sheets  (Read 3304 times)

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Species: Black Widow
Character Sheets
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:36:13 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if there was a place where we can post character sheets? I have been looking around, but must have missed something! :c
Currently I do not really have fur OCs established so mostly wondering for when I have time to work on their details more before rping with them.
If there isn't one, do you guys think I should create a request forum for a Character Sheets sub-forum to be made? or even a section for it in our profiles (might be more organized that way) Thoughts?
Tumblr | SoFurry | Nabyn | Weasyl

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
Re: Character Sheets
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »
Well there is a character sheet forum but that's for our main fursonas and stuff like that. If you'd like to work on one what I generally do is either write it on paper or type it in a text document for storage. And as for posting a cs. If you're in the serious thread there is a sub thread for ooc and posting cs's for the specific rp you want to be a part of. In the fun rp side you just put them in the rp IF they are looking for new players.

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 11:18:36 PM »
Well there is a character sheet forum but that's for our main fursonas and stuff like that. If you'd like to work on one what I generally do is either write it on paper or type it in a text document for storage. And as for posting a cs. If you're in the serious thread there is a sub thread for ooc and posting cs's for the specific rp you want to be a part of. In the fun rp side you just put them in the rp IF they are looking for new players.

Ok, was thinking something more easily accessible and public. I guess I could always put a link to the topic in my profile or sig in case others want to refer to my characters for reference. And yes, I am aware that is best to ask before joining any rp, thank you making sure tho c:

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 12:30:23 AM »
Well RPs here are pretty small and usually ask for tailored CSs. So it would be better to just copy the template and use that. If you just post a link and say "that's my CS." (Basically) you won't be able to RP here. Because it probably won't fit the CS requirements and it's actually more troublesome then going to the ooc where everything is at the front and knows where it is.

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 01:21:09 AM »
Oh no I would never submit a character like that! I mean for if another participant wants reference or something for myself to refer to as well, probably would just be me referring to my own character sheet thread or area ^^'

I am just used to rping in forums for one piece or steven universe... I guess since those characters are typically complex because of the amount of special abilities/powers it would make sense for them to have a whole subforum for the sheets. I haven't rped in the furry fandom before since am new to it, but that makes sense since I guess the OCs here would be more simple due to not typically having an overwhelming amount of abilities that participants need to understand in order to gauge if their character would be hit and if so what would happen and such.

If it is not really appropriate to dedicate a whole thread to your character sheets I'll find someplace to post them online since I prefer that method. Thank you for answering my questions I really appreciate it!

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:44:03 AM »
Oh trust me our CSs can be complicated. Just depends on the rp. And also didn't i just say if you hand people a link to your cs people will not look? You must submit your cs in the thread where everyone else puts them so everyone knows where all of the sheets are(if you play serious that is) but each RP will have their own separate OOC thread to OOC and submit the CSs. Because it's only going to be a small group of people in the RP. So most likely for each RP you'll have a different character because everything will be of a different setting.

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:42:36 AM »
Yes you did say that, I may have miss spoke. I would never send someone a link to my CS in any RP (unless directly asked) since that would be ridiculous due to unnecessary additional detail and the inconvenience as you said. I mainly meant for my own reference.
I understand the usefulness of having specific character details posted in each OOC RP thread. I was just talking about like a third party database. I can find something to use for myself when I have time, but was curious if anyone had suggestions or new of a place to store character data (again mainly for their own personal reference, not to be a jerk and send a single link basically telling the person to find the details they want themselves -.-) That would be brutal.
But yeah, I got my answer I think, there is no official subforum like that here for character storage, so will find something I could use to help me organize my characters for myself.
Unless you or anyone has suggestions for that, since that was my main point for this thread...sorry if I didn't make that clear at first. If that's not how you like to do things, that's fine, it just is something that helps me personally.

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:03 AM »
Yeah ok now I get you. I guess I misunderstood something then. Well you can do what you like to store your characters. Personally though i have a folder on my computer and just have the CSs done on notepad and saved all the CSs to the folder. Plus I have a backup on a flash drive. Because you never know. XD

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 05:29:53 AM »
I have thought about that, but sometimes I want to rp while using my phone, then am kinda trapped if I need to refer back to my character sheets ; n ;
Am thinking I could make a wikia for myself since it's free and you can link between pages.

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 05:44:58 AM »
Yeah that's true. Actually I just came across a drop box type thing called mega drive. From what I can tell si far is it's free (for a decent amount of storage) and can be accessed by phones.

Offline CuddlySpider

• Avid Aardvark
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
Oh cool I didn't know there was one with 50gb for free! nice, thank you c:

(click to take the quiz)

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
Not a problem! X)