The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heyo!  (Read 1040 times)

Offline GamerFool

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I want friends.
    • Awards
  • Species: Protozoan (© Bandai Namco)
  • Coloring: White + Brown
  • Height: 5'4''
  • Reference: [link]
Heyo!
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:38:57 PM »

I'm new here, if you couldn't tell.. Well, I'm actually not THAT new here; I joined at least a month ago, I just haven't actually done anything here yet... I'm not exactly used to forums being used for socializing as opposed to purely RP, so I really haven't figured out how to jump in and talk to people.. Guess that's my own fault though. At least I'm here now!

Let's do introductions. I'm GamerFool. My fursona's name is Comet Jenkins, and they are a weird creature from the game Tales of Symphonia. It's called a protozoan because it's supposed to be the first ever living organism, but it's immortal so it evolved with the other animals, starting as a fish, then bird, then dog, then probably deer, and lastly a human.... Uhm, it's actually really weird, so just assume I'm just a weird looking dog, ok...? I also have other furry characters (would I call them fursonas or just ocs...?) for some stories and stuff, but they haven't actually been used as much as I wish...

I love videogames, especially the Tales series, a series of JRPG-like games with several amazing characters and overall impressive storylines, and I'm also a big fan of the game Shadow of the Colossus. I also enjoy anime, writing, drawing, and rping. If you want to RP at anytime, feel free to ask!

I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to judge how long I've been in the furry fandom. Officially, I guess you could say I decided to try to get involved in the community when I created my fursona with a friend about a month or two ago. Before that though, I have dabbled in things like anthropomorphic characters and whatnot. I tend to be more inclined towards half human/half animal things you see in anime, but that's probably because I can't figure out how to draw full anthro animals...

To be honest, I'm actually pretty nervous about joining this community. Not only to I have to go through the stresses of talking to strangers, but I also have to deal with the real world, too. The majority of things I've seen from the furry fandom have been positive,  and the idea of getting involved in a community that literally revolves around creating your own character sounds amazing. The community seems so open and kind, with only a few weirdos out there, but I'm pretty worried about my friends learning about my getting into the furry fandom. They tend to be very rude when talking about furries, and they use it as an insult whenever it comes up. I guess that's also made me shy away from joining the fandom until now.

I'm here because I want to try to make friends in the furry fandom. This fandom is pretty much completely foreign to me, and I figure the best way to start having fun is to talk to other members of the community! I hope we can be friends!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:43:49 PM by GamerFool »
Don't judge a game by your ability to play it.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Heyo!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
Greetings Gamer. Welcome to TFF. I'm Zaida the Vexū and Goddess, pleased to meet you. I hope you've been enjoying your stay here, you'll make many friends in sure. Anyways if you need help or have questions be sure to Pm me. For now, Farewell~

Offline GamerFool

• Vibrating Furby
  • I want friends.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Greetings Gamer. Welcome to TFF. I'm Zaida the Vexū and Goddess, pleased to meet you. I hope you've been enjoying your stay here, you'll make many friends in sure. Anyways if you need help or have questions be sure to Pm me. For now, Farewell~

Thank you, Zaida! It's nice to meet you too! I'll be sure to come to you if I have any questions!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:01:09 PM by GamerFool »

Offline Remo The Sponge Guppy

• Eager Elephant
  • Changing my yesterday is to wish my life away.
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Sponge Guppy/Synx
  • Coloring: Paste pink, blue, and beige.
  • Height: Six Foot Two
  • Weight: 200 Lbs
  • Build: Stocky, not fat, but not fit either.
  • Currently: Been riding a roller coaster. Currently on a dip.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
Hi Gamer, welcome to TFF, if you ever want to chat feel free to pm me or add me as a buddy  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Kete

Offline Antimony

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 11:31:23 PM »
Hey Gamer, I'm new here, too. I thought I'd cross-welcome you in. I know that would personally make me a bit more comfortable. I hope you have an awesome time here. :)

Offline GamerFool

• Vibrating Furby
  • I want friends.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 01:54:40 AM »
Thank you both! I hope I can make some great friends here!

Offline MizuSky

• Vibrating Furby
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Kirin
  • Coloring: Cream fur with a soft blue stripe seperating white under belly, markings soft blue, antlers/horns gradient of blue & white.
  • Build: Very deer like with a broader neck, long dragon tail.
  • Currently: Curious as the cat.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 03:18:45 AM »
Thank you both! I hope I can make some great friends here!
heh, you seem to have the same view points as myself about this.
It saddens me when my friends say being a furry is weird and people need to grow up. It makes me feel self conscious about it even around strangers who are part of it.

We can be new together<3 You seem very friendly and awkward, that makes me feel comforted knowing I'm not the only awkward one~!
That's probably weird and a lil' rude some how.. Sorry if it is. Now I feel embarrassed... Ehhh......

HI XD
Life is like a puzzle. Or multiple puzzles.
Pretty much like those 10k puzzle piece puzzles.
Get 10 of those and mix all the pieces together.
Have fun sorting.
Life.

Offline GamerFool

• Vibrating Furby
  • I want friends.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »
heh, you seem to have the same view points as myself about this.
It saddens me when my friends say being a furry is weird and people need to grow up. It makes me feel self conscious about it even around strangers who are part of it.

We can be new together<3 You seem very friendly and awkward, that makes me feel comforted knowing I'm not the only awkward one~!
That's probably weird and a lil' rude some how.. Sorry if it is. Now I feel embarrassed... Ehhh......

HI XD

I completely understand how you feel about being self-conscious and such. It's really nerve wracking when people you're close too start saying negative things about furries and you have to just go with it..
I'd love to be new with you! And don't worry, we're both awkward here. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can chat a bit..?  :D