The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm so ugly, nobody will talk to me.  (Read 1126 times)

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
I'm so ugly, nobody will talk to me.
« on: April 10, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »
I'm not even exaggerating... I'm literally so ugly that no decent human being will talk to me at all... only really old desperate ones who just want gross sexual stuff.

And it keeps getting worse as I get older... soon I'll have nobody willing to talk to me.

I don't get how it got this bad, honestly. And nobody seems to understand it.

Offline Makias

• The World's Cutest Dragon
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black/Dark Purple
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 135lbs
  • Build: small build
Re: I'm so ugly, nobody will talk to me.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
I don't even know what kind of scum can treat someone like that..........

When I talk to someone I never even pay attention to what they look like, because I don't care what they look like. I like the person for their personality.
Makias ismthe maximum level of cute any fur ever can achieve.  The furry commision had to get together and make a new level of cute for him

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Old School Star Fox Pilot Extrodinaire
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: medium
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:55:57 AM »
Unfortunately it's human nature to behave like that.  People tend to go by what they see, not what they think...

I know it's cliche, but sometimes being...."aesthetically compromised" can work for someone.  You see, the people who are "good looking" rarely develop character, work ethic, resiliency, or the ability to take "No" for an answer.  Why?  Because they are used to getting special treatment, unfounded admiration, and generally getting whatever they want.  The "less attractive people" have to work harder to improve themselves in order to thrive in human society, they have to develop a skill, or build up a work ethic, and make themselves more accepted in human society.  They get nothing handed to them, and they build character.

These "good looking people" are like a new sports car.  Sure, they're beautiful, awesome, and fun....but in 20 years, they will be faded, tacky, worn out, run down, and covered with bird crap.  But a less attractive person is like a late blooming garden, or a slum.  In time, after all that they have endured, they will struggle to survive, build character, they will improve, and then flourish, like a late blooming garden or like a gentrified neighborhood.

I'm hoping this helps you....
Get Out Of My Room!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 05:28:03 AM »
Asterisk looks normal, I've seen him.

Anyway, attitudes like this is always going to come across as ugly. I've seen your posts around, asterisk, and this behavior is much more likely to be the cause of people not wanting to talk to you. Basically, if you get all dramatic about being "too ugly" and complain about rejection, people will get tired of it. It's not difficult to get along with people if you don't expect them to fall at your feet. Don't take this as a compliment, but I've seen much worse-looking people than you get a lot of attention. Many times.

tl;dr: it's not about how you look, it's about how you act. From what I've seen in your posts, it sounds like the problem lies in your attitude.

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 01:26:54 AM »
Unfortunately it's human nature to behave like that.  People tend to go by what they see, not what they think...

I know it's cliche, but sometimes being...."aesthetically compromised" can work for someone.  You see, the people who are "good looking" rarely develop character, work ethic, resiliency, or the ability to take "No" for an answer.  Why?  Because they are used to getting special treatment, unfounded admiration, and generally getting whatever they want.  The "less attractive people" have to work harder to improve themselves in order to thrive in human society, they have to develop a skill, or build up a work ethic, and make themselves more accepted in human society.  They get nothing handed to them, and they build character.

These "good looking people" are like a new sports car.  Sure, they're beautiful, awesome, and fun....but in 20 years, they will be faded, tacky, worn out, run down, and covered with bird crap.  But a less attractive person is like a late blooming garden, or a slum.  In time, after all that they have endured, they will struggle to survive, build character, they will improve, and then flourish, like a late blooming garden or like a gentrified neighborhood.

I'm ugly as **censor** and have all the "bad" flaws you said that the sexy people have.

Meanwhile, the attractive people I know are all successful in life.

I feel like God does really hate me.

Asterisk looks normal, I've seen him.

Anyway, attitudes like this is always going to come across as ugly. I've seen your posts around, asterisk, and this behavior is much more likely to be the cause of people not wanting to talk to you. Basically, if you get all dramatic about being "too ugly" and complain about rejection, people will get tired of it. It's not difficult to get along with people if you don't expect them to fall at your feet. Don't take this as a compliment, but I've seen much worse-looking people than you get a lot of attention. Many times.

tl;dr: it's not about how you look, it's about how you act. From what I've seen in your posts, it sounds like the problem lies in your attitude.
I have a question: what's your sexuality?

God hated me enough to make me gay. Unfortunately, in the gay world, "normal" isn't good enough. You have to have a sexy face and I have a weird-looking ugly one. So I'm already shit.

Also I try having normal conversation and positive attitude, it never works. I've had to beg for friends and I still didn't get them.

And then you say shit like "I'm not complimenting you"... and you wonder why I'm so **censor** up.

Offline Makias

• The World's Cutest Dragon
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black/Dark Purple
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 135lbs
  • Build: small build
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 01:30:56 AM »
nothing wrong with being gay

i am and i have absolutely no problem with it, i'll find the right person eventually. learn to be proud of who you are.......stop caring what others have to think
Makias ismthe maximum level of cute any fur ever can achieve.  The furry commision had to get together and make a new level of cute for him

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
Since my old post got deleted, I'll say it without being so blunt.

This kind of attitude pushes people away, asterisk. Regardless of how you look, you're unlikely to get along with people if you make your judgements on yourself or on others based on appearance.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:28 AM »
I have a question: what's your sexuality?

God hated me enough to make me gay. Unfortunately, in the gay world, "normal" isn't good enough. You have to have a sexy face and I have a weird-looking ugly one. So I'm already shit.

Also I try having normal conversation and positive attitude, it never works. I've had to beg for friends and I still didn't get them.

And then you say shit like "I'm not complimenting you"... and you wonder why I'm so **censor** up.

I hate to say it as it sounds harsh but I think George is right. As a pansexual who's dating a gay person and has dated more than a couple of guys, your statement about the "gay world" is just wrong. Don't know where you got that idea. Gay people are no different from other people, some of them only care about looks, others couldn't give a shit if you paid them.

You have a clearly very self loathing attitude, whether it's a product of what you mentioned or not, it certainly isn't helping things. An unattractive personality is much more likely to push people away. I'd say you need to learn to stop hating yourself so openly (this coming from someone who used to hate himself and still isn't on the most friendly terms at times).

Also begging for friends is not how you get friends. I think it's much more likely that you are trying to be friends with the wrong type of people. I would wager there's someone who's trying to be your friend you aren't recognising due to the fact you think no one wants to be your friend.

My advice: Go see a counsellor, work out this clear self loathing (which will take time) and things may start to fall into place.

Also stop blaming God. It doesn't get you anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:46:16 AM by Grovygrunge »

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 11:45:13 AM »
 I would wager there's someone who's trying to be your friend you aren't recognising due to the fact you think no one wants to be your friend.

My advice: Go see a counsellor, work out this clear self loathing (which will take time) and things may start to fall into place.

I do think seeing a counselor sounds like a good idea, actually. Seeing your other posts, asterisk, you have a really hard time getting along with people--which definitely would leave you feeling like nobody wants you. These professionals specialize in exactly that. 0nce you can work out the issues that create these social problems, the others you complain about (like feeling ugly and unwanted) will be either solved or a lot easier to handle.

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 01:49:19 AM »
 I would wager there's someone who's trying to be your friend you aren't recognising due to the fact you think no one wants to be your friend.

I do think seeing a counselor sounds like a good idea, actually. Seeing your other posts, asterisk, you have a really hard time getting along with people--which definitely would leave you feeling like nobody wants you. These professionals specialize in exactly that. 0nce you can work out the issues that create these social problems, the others you complain about (like feeling ugly and unwanted) will be either solved or a lot easier to handle.
I've been seeing therapists for 8 years... it's all bullshit that doesn't work. It hasn't helped at all and is a huge waste of money and time. (Also, your other post didn't get deleted, it's still there).

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 04:42:30 AM »
If you're saying you have to 'beg' for friends. You might be barking up the wrong tree. OR in this case the wrong group of people. Maybe you're going for people that are too full of themselves a.k.a jerk bags. Can you tell us who you've talked to, maybe that's the problem.
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 06:12:15 AM »
If someone really loves you/likes you they wont care if you're unattractive. I seen a link to one of your pictures and you look normal you don't even look bad i have no idea where this ugly thing came from.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:14:59 PM by YourUnknownHost »

Offline Proto Triose

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 07:51:22 AM »
I feel like it's completely pointless to try and argue a point here with you. I'm going to be honest, because that's who I am. I get tired of reading defeatist posts around the forums, and it's mostly because there are all these amazing furs trying to help you and make you feel better about yourself, but it always ends up that you insist on being negative. It sounds to me like you just want a pity party; everything people have said, you've bounced back and said "But you don't understand, I'm horrible and ugly and hideous."

You're not going to be comfortable and happy until you accept yourself. Like Maki said, stop giving a sh*t what other people think and be comfortable in your own skin. I'm not going to get through to you, I'm sure, but I know you're a good person and not ugly in any way. It's not me that needs to believe that, though. It's you. You're better than this. And I understand being down on yourself - we all have those moments. I do constantly. But those are my personal feelings and opinions, and I'll tell you one thing, I value the opinions of everyone here far more than I do my own, especially when it comes to things about me. You're your own harshest critic, and at the end of the day it's others' perception of you that shapes who you are.

So here's some tough love - you're a good person, you're not ugly, and you'll do fine in the world. But it's not going to start looking up for you and being good until you quit constantly berating yourself.

And I'll thank you to not put such a negative light on being gay. Some of my closest friends and the greatest people I've ever met are gay. It's not some devastating curse or disability. It's a sexual orientation, and that's it. Who the f*ck cares? You're a guy that likes guys. That must be so horrible, knowing what you like. Gay also means happy, so there's something to consider.

I came here expecting I was going to support someone and try to lift them up, but you clearly don't want it. So I'll leave a few words of wisdom and just stop there. Throwing pity at you won't fix anything. Only you can fix that, even more clearly since you can't take uplifting comments without telling them to essentially go fu*k themselves and they're wrong. In your mind, they're always going to be wrong until you can accept that maybe you aren't as disgusting as you think.

*drops mic*
  • Signature art by: Lucky978 on Deviantart.com
Sorry for the absence; I had to get my life and my mind together. I missed you all.

Offline Ibi Tanvaal

• Probably the least fierce spider you'll ever meet
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
  • Guess who's back?
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Fox
  • Coloring: Grey, duh...
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 120 kg
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Well, I'm kinda better, but also kinda not?
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 04:48:33 AM »
Honestly, I think my face and body are completely stupid and horrible, but I don't let it stop me from having friends.
Hell, back in high school, I was friendzoning someone - partly because I didn't swing that way

These days I'm different, I'm slightly more confident and less awkward. AND IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!
I've got more friends now than I ever had, though I still have trust issues because my brain is stupid.
I've returned, though I don't suspect I'll be terribly active. Hey, do you want a cookie?

Offline Baz Fuhrmann

• Avid Aardvark
  • Old School Star Fox Pilot Extrodinaire
    • Awards
  • Species: Skunk
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: medium
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:01 PM »

I'm ugly as **censor** and have all the "bad" flaws you said that the sexy people have.

Meanwhile, the attractive people I know are all successful in life.

I feel like God does really hate me.

Well, then if you have those "flaws" that you said that I said that the sexy people have, then you need to start to work to improve in life.  Go out there and learn of figure out what you can do, and hone your skills on it.  You will find something that you at least enjoy doing, if you get out there.

To quote Bill Watterson, "The world isn't so bad if you can just get out in it."

Whatever you're looking for, it's not going to be found by sitting in your home in front of the computer, feeling bad for yourself. 

Those "successful attractive people" won't have it for long.  When their looks fade, and it will happen, their own lives will take a nosedive.  And sometimes, peoples' lives look more glamorous than they really are.  I've known attractive people who have seemingly great lives, but then it turns out that either behind the scenes or years down the line, their lives suck really bad. 

You need to stop focusing on them, and focus more on YOU.  Your self deprecating, defeatist attitude is the first thing that needs to go.  If you want people to like you, YOU have to like yourself, just like for example if a car company wants to sell cars, they have to stand by their product.

God does not "hate" you.  He doesn't really care about humanity overall, in my opinion, but I doubt he would go out of his way to ruin your life, you don't do bad stuff to other people, or act like Eric Cartman in general. 

This whole thing stems from the fact you have low self esteem.  You need to drop the self hating mentality, start working to improve yourself, your life, and attempt to accomplish things.  Exercising can help your health and improve certain aesthetics of yourself.  Taking some classes, online or in real life at a rec center or adult education or community center can help.  Maybe getting some part time work would also help, you earn some money and can feel better about yourself.  You need to work on yourself, and not try to keep up with others.

That's the best advice I can offer you, and I wish you the best.

Get Out Of My Room!