The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Dream Video Game  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
Your Dream Video Game
« on: April 20, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »
So the CEO of your favorite video game company comes up to you one day. He says that he wants to make the next big hit, and he wants your help. He will make your dream video game, you just have to tell him what it is...

Mine would probably be a sequel to Star Wars: Republic Commandos. It would also shine a bright light on the men behind the armor and the history and culture of the Mandalorians.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: Your Dream Video Game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:15:39 AM »
Okay so this would be my dream video game. First of all, it would involve some kind of dungeon, and it would be roguelike sorta like binding of issac! Maybe in that dungeon there's like these bullet people who you have to shoot otherwise they'll shoot you. Actually, speaking of bullets maybe the dungeon could be filled with guns, both conventional and whacky! We could call it The Gungeon! It'd be filled with secrets and be a bullet hell roguelike! It'd be great if that existed!

oh wait...

IT DOES! AND IT'S AWESOME!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiO-omsi53MAhVGtxoKHe9cCc8QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.steampowered.com%2Fapp%2F311690%2F&usg=AFQjCNFkTIYbK170pE_dM1nhGNheuLbhiQ

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 12:03:41 PM »
So the CEO of your favorite video game company comes up to you one day. He says that he wants to make the next big hit, and he wants your help. He will make your dream video game, you just have to tell him what it is...

Mine would probably be a sequel to Star Wars: Republic Commandos. It would also shine a bright light on the men behind the armor and the history and culture of the Mandalorians.
Hi-five bro, So many people don't know that game despite it's awesome team AI. And also Sev will return someday!

In any case I would want a metal arms glitch sequel, (Pokes Blizzard.)
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Halei-Helai

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A strange thing indeed.
    • Awards
  • Species: Lahaian
  • Coloring: White with black stripes
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 125 lb
  • Build: Svelte
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 12:41:55 PM »
Spore, only good.

Either that or something like Skyrim with a Path of Exile level of character customization and a Dwarf Fortress level of sprawling, procedurally generated goodness. I would never see daylight again if that was a game. Maybe it is for the best that it isn't then.
Sorcerous sage and cataloger of curiosities
---------------
Feel free to PM me. I am always up for a conversation!

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »

Hi-five bro, So many people don't know that game despite it's awesome team AI. And also Sev will return someday!
That was like the only game I ever actually cared for the AI team mates. They actually had intelligence. Did you know that they hired ex SEALs to help them with the tactical aspect of the game?
Osi'kyr! Vaabir gar jorhaa'ir Mando?

Offline YourUnknownHost

• Dancing Dragon
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Build: Slightly Skinny
  • Currently: Im back ^w^
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
A rouge like where there's an incentive (like the binding of issacs secrets) and lots of items and they can interact with each other.Also good music and a nice but not eye straining art style. Finally lots and lots of variety.

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »
I have had an idea cooking in my head surrounding my fursona and the lore of the world I have since built around him. It would play out like a mesh of Disgaea, Fire Emblem and Nobunaga's Ambition. For the Disgaea part, the combat is that you can move units into place and select where they will attack, along with the ability to combo two moves  to make a unique special move. You'd be able to choose between execute to act out what you have so far and then move others afterwards, or end turn, which caries out all commands in the order done. You also can rescue civilians in each map and then train them into different classes, though you need to have a main party character with that class to train a civilian in that particular class.

On the Fire Emblem side are Permadeath and Support systems. When you lose a unit, they are gone for good. If Robert or Lilly die, it's game over as they are crucial for the plot. You can build relationships through the camp after each town/keep/castle recapture where you can, in a visual novel style, select one character to talk to. At the midpoint of the game, you get to choose from a list of the females you have built a relationship with to choose to be your future queen and, more importantly, mother of your two children who will be the main characters of the sequel. Other units can be paired together to make additional units for the sequel (or adoption for homosexual pairings). Difference being that adoption children are given base stats and a basic class as opposed to gaining traits from either parent.

In Nobunaga's style, the map will be laid out, and you must recapture demon infested towns, keeps and castles. After capturing a location, you can fortify that location with  those trained civilians you've been rescuing and training to thwart demon recapture attempts.

Finally, the game will have multiple endings depending on choices you make in game leading up to the final confrontation. So no, you're not going to make meaningless choices with the end determined by one last choice. Everything has a consequence. The ending will be split into three sections: First, the fates of Robert, Lilly, Simon and the Archdemon. Second, how much of the kingdom has been recaptured. Third, who did you marry and what are their lives like now at the resolution of the final battle? Clear Data will be saved and those resolutions will be addressed in the sequel, which will have a different first third of the game depending on what happened in your clear data.

Offline CryWolf

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Stand tall, stand strong, stand above it all.
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Black- Dark grey- and white
  • Height: N/A
  • Weight: N/A
  • Build: Normal
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixing my SOEIV.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »

I'd most likely go for something like a mashup of Battalion Wars and Command and Conquer, basically constructing a massive force to control a continent (That would be optionally formed by the player.) which you could take direct control of any unit from their perspective. Sort of like building a massive infantry column and playing as the Squad leader, fighting alongside your units while switching between global view and a dynamic perspective view based on which unit you select, also considering the ability to switch places in individual vehicles, aircraft, or naval rigs.

Creating bases to form the front lines while also fighting a hostile faction with various options for their personality, adding in flag customization, uniform colors, and the choice of customizing units by hand (Aka changing their gear/uniform styles.)

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
"Feet first into the action... Feet first into the fire... Good luck."

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »
Here are some of my video game ideas

1: A top-down shooter sci-fi RPG, based around my world-built universe. Combining the game mechanics of the original fallouts with that of crimsonland, this is the game I'm currently making.

2: You act as a solider moving into some Brazil, there is a big war and you're going ahead being a marine, having squadmates and that. IT seems like a pretty generic shooter set slightly in the future. However, about the third mission comes on and then suddenly, you are being gunned down by a sniper. You eventually kill the sniper only to realize the sniper was actually a young Brazilian girl, no older than 13 or 14. As you discover this a massive flash is seen from the horizon, a massive explosion erupts through the city and you pass out.

You wake up amongst an entirely different city, ash blocks out the sun and the city is destroyed, the city has been nuked. The game takes a dramatic turn, it becomes less a shooter and more a survival horror.

Game mechanics would follow this:

- Healing System: When you are shot in the arm you arm wobbles, when you're shot in the leg you start limping, bullets have a real impact, you can't just brush off any damage. When you are hurt you can need to heal yourself, you can do this with a standard healthkit that instantly heals all wounds, but after the nuke these health kits become exceedingly rare. The normal method of healing is to pick up supply's like bandages, tweezers, sewing needles and so forth, you have to sew your own wounds, pull bullets out of your body, do everything yourself in order to get yourself to heal. You can take morphine for a quick fix that doesn't actually heal any of your wounds but temporarily gets rid of any negative effects (like limping after getting shot).

- Ambiguous enemies: During the first part of the game it's clear that the rival military is your enemy, after the nuke drops everything becomes balanced and stable, everyone just wants to survive. When you encounter someone not part of your squad, you can't be sure if they're friend or foe, they may try to betray you, lead you somewhere or they may surrender to you and ask for help. You may start shooting as soon as you see them and they respond in kind, you may break their moral until they simply surrender to you and accept death. Even your fellow American troops might turn against you in an act of dolerium due to the horrors they have faced. Every enemy you kill is possibly an innocent person, every friend is possibly a foe, you can never know what to expect when going up towards someone.

- Moral Choices: There will be a series of tricky moral choices within the game, each affecting the end result of the game. A lot of the time it'll be impossible to pick the "right choice", you may try to save a friend but sacrifice hundreds of villages in the processes. This will affect the ending of the game dramatically.

- Super natural elements: Ghosts haunt you, though it's not known whether they're real or not. The small girl you killed appears from time to time to act as a detractor to the players actions, often claiming that a moral choice the player made was wrong or how the player may of killed an innocent. She also acts in a way as a guide to the player and a window into the player's character's growing insanity. Supernatural enemies will appear, for example in one part of the game you have to go to an abandoned hospital to go pick up hospital supplies. The hospital has very little functioning lights, but lightning gets shown through the windows. A scary demon is in the hospital that stalks the player, but is only visible (and can only attack the player) when light is shone on it. Just an example.

- A story of survival: After the nuke goes off all your character wants to do is get his squad mates home alive. But as you go further into the story you start questioning your motives and your countries motives. All communication from the outside world is lost and it's not known who nuked the city, whether it was the Americans or the rival faction (the answer will never be solved). A splinter faction of Americans erupts, civilians simply clammer to any hope they have left and you try to keep the peace, though often making things more disruptive. Near the end of the game you build a communication tower to communicate with the outside world, but all you hear is silence. It's ambiguous whether the city was destroyed, or the whole world was, and the answer is never solved.

- Relationships with squadmates: Similar to mass effect you'll have squad mates you pick up that you can choose to take on missions. You can talk to these squad mates and even get relationships with them. Each squad mate will have different motives and views of the world and will react differently to the choices you make. All squad mates will have a possibility of permanently dying in the story if certain actions are taken, it will be possibly (but very difficult) to keep all squad mates alive (this will usually be of great cost to the expanded community. A big theme is whether friends are more important than many random people), squadmates can also leave you and try to attack you if you make too many decisions that they disagree with.

- Realtime dialgoue system: The dialogue can be spoken in real time. It follows dialogue trees but is similar to fallout 4's dialogue system rather than fallout 3 or Mass effects dialogue system. Dialogue and gameplay go hand to hand.

- Captivating final mission: The final mission you are taken to the super natural world. And you are forced to come face-to-face with your sins, you have to go on a massive battle where every character in the game that you have killed is turned into a zombie and will attack you. The less characters you killed in the game, the less difficult this mission becomes. These people include people you killed based on a decision and characters that you have killed just outright. Squad mates you've killed will act as miny bosses. The final boss will be the 14 year old sniper turned etherial. There will be many endings that depend on both what you do in the physical world and what you do in the spiritual one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:32:08 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";