The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The First Fursuit You Made vs Your Most Recent  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Andy

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Good morning, Lovely!
    • My Tumblr!
    • Awards
  • Species: not even sure
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: plotting my latest fursuit
The First Fursuit You Made vs Your Most Recent
« on: August 02, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
sorry if this isn't the right place for this, or it already exists, so admins, please do with it what necessary!! :>

Show us your the first fursuit you made, and the most recent! What mistakes did you correct? What do you want to improve on? Tell us all about it!
Tacky Forum Signature

Offline Nori

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: {Aiklar http://aiklarspecies.webs.com/} & {Eastern Dragon}
  • Coloring: {Black, light blue, purple, turquoise, red and dark blue} & {Purple, lavender, sea green & black}
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 115 lb
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recuperating
Re: The First Fursuit You Made vs Your Most Recent
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:41:48 PM »
Sounds like fun!! My first suit (Tulik)

And my second (most recent) suit, Nori (I only have stills of my dance video, sooo they're a bit blurry. XD )

The body on my bat does not fit me very well (I did the DTD WITH the padding pinned on my legs, and ended up not being able to use the padding on the bat at all) and it's pretty tight around the crotch area. I also used a premade head blank. The fur is going the wrong way on the arms and ears, and the ears are separate, held on the head with glue on the excess fur from the ear. I also can't sew the neck closed;  I made it too tight and I can't install a zipper. XD It's also just in general not very comfortable, because I didn't put any padding inside the head before I furred it.

My second one I did the DTD by itself and made a second one with the padding, which worked out much better (I used the padding I was originally going to use for the bat) I expanded by adding stripes, and a long tail, and used shorter fur, which I think looks better. The zipper on Nori is actually well hidden, I just sewed the zipper in and cut a line down the fur after the fact, and if I brush it out you can't see it at all. My bat you can completely see the zipper teeth, because the fur backing folds on itself. Nori is easier to move in and I'm not worried about the head tilting forward :P The paws also fit better, even though I have 4 digits on Nori, I can grab things easier than on Tulik.
It is harder to walk in Nori though, I mean, the croc I have my foot in is the size of one toe. But the padding keeps my legs apart enough to where I don't step on them a whole lot. XD
I still want to work on the legs on Nori, I could bring them up a tad bit more, though they are supposed to be lower. I also need to work on symmetry for the mouth expression.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:52:10 PM by Nori »