The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries + Vine... Why?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Vuurniac Squarewave

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Professional Beeper
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average, but used to be chubby
  • Currently: Programming like nothing.
Furries + Vine... Why?
« on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
I thought I should start a discussion, or at least attempt to, so here I go!
First off, I have to say that I could count on my hands how many Vines I've actually seen. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point, I mean... what can you do in just six seconds that has some kind of depth to it? If I wanted to see someone in a suit dancing, I'd go to youtube where I can see the whole performance or whatever. That's the other thing. Being a "Viner" seems to be quite common in the fandom and I need someone with more insight into all of this to answer my question. Why? What brings people, both furries and non-furries, to make these videos? Maybe I'm too grumpy and serious all the time to understand. I'm trying to though, that's why I decided to create this thread in the first place :)

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
Re: Furries + Vine... Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:32:29 AM »
...why not?

There is also a bit of an art to such short videos. It is just another way of bringing out some creativity to get the point across with so little. It all depends on whose Vines you are watching (could be someone actually into it, and who does cool stuff... or could be someone who should really be spending their time on Snapchat instead). Vine also seems to be home of comedic timing :P

It's not really something to be understood as an audience, mostly. If you're into it, you're into it. If you're not, you're not. Depends on what you like to see!

Oh, and not to mention how we all love to waste our time on the internet. Sometimes 6 seconds at a time xD

Offline Mochi

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Live. Love. Mochi.
    • Awards
  • Species: My fursona's a munchkin cat. My scalesona's a turamander (turtle/salamander).
  • Coloring: Mochi the munchkin cat is currently undecided. Vinn the turamander is dark grey with white hair.
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: Average.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: Exotic butter.
Re: Furries + Vine... Why?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »
I really only ever pay attention to the comedy vines, to be honest. :P

It doesn't take too long to tell a joke, and I like the humor that most viners use. And I like when they have trending jokes. It's like an inside joke for people on vine that makes you feel like a part of a special club. XD

However, I've also seen some super pretty non-comedy vines. It's just a very quick art style is all. I didn't think you could do much with it when I first heard of it, but they've certainly proved me wrong!
I reject your reality and substitute Disney World. <3