The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cookbook Of A Dragon  (Read 953 times)

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Cookbook Of A Dragon
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »
Hello everyone o3o

It's a-me; Ventus Fall.
(Although perhaps I should say Ventus Falls or Faals (yes, fails), as a few people around here and on internet in general do this XD )

I have been thinking for a long time whether I should liven up the Cooking board, because it's SO DARN QUIET HERE! *hits some pots and pans together*
That said, if I make a post here what I cook and how, I can always look back myself if I have no ideas left. Like an actual cookbook. Thus, I'd rather not have it that people put in their own recipes and the like (but feel free to comment and post anything else as a response ^^). However, feel free to PM me if you have suggestions. I might do it some time, then add it on here (with credit to the person who gave me the idea), and ta-dah!

I'll try to add pictures as well of the meals I have made too. I think that would be nice ^^

That said, I will now post a variety of meals I do with instructions how to do them and some tips as well. Feel free to try them out yourselves and give feedback on it :D
I'll try to always add at least one tip to every post I make. The tips may or may not have something to do with the meal in the same post.

Healthy Tomato Soup

Ingredients:
-Tomatoes (approx. 5-6, the 'standard' big/normal-sized ones)
-Vegetable Bouillon
-Tomato Puree (75g. for 500mL - 140g. for 1000mL)
-Water (500 or 1000 mL, depending on your preference how tomato-y you want the soup)

Things you might need/use:
-Two pots
-Sieve
-Cutting knife + cutting board
-Measure cup (for the water)
-Something to stir with (spoon)

Preparation:

1) Warm up the water until it starts to boil (in the first pot). You can go ahead and chuck in the right amount of bouillon (usually indicated on the package how much per 500 mL or 1000 mL). Since the bouillon is added, no need to add salt.
2) While the water is heating up, rinse the tomatoes and start cutting them. Try to at least cut each tomato into 4 or 6 pieces. Do this for every tomato.
3) Water boiling? Add the tomatoes. Wait again until the water boils again, then let it boil for about 15 minutes (the longer the better, as this extracts more from the tomato, which we need). Don't let it boil over, but still keep it at a high setting. No shimmering! It needs to keep boiling.
4) Get the sieve and second pot. Make sure all the water from the first pot gets into the second pot. Any skins and fruits of the tomatoes will be held back by the sieve. You can even squish the bits that are left behind to squeeze out more tomato-fluids.
5) Put the second pot with the 'tomato water' on a low fire/heat setting. Then dump the tomato puree in the second pot as well.
6) Stir until the puree has been fully integrated, turn off the fire/heat setting.

7) Pour it in a soup bowl or cup... Enjoy!

Tips!

Tip 1:
If you want water to boil quicker in a pot, put the lid on it. That way the hot steam doesn't escape so quickly and helps to warm up the pot a lot faster. This also probably will save you some money on the gas or electricity bills.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:55:25 PM by Ventus Fall »
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Cookbook Of A Dragon
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »
'Varkenshaas' Meal With Carrot Salad

Ingredients:
-Tenderloin
-Peas (frozen package)
-Carrots
-Vinegar
-Sunflower oil
-Pepper
-Salt
-Water (for the peas)
-Cooking margarine (if you prefer another medium to cook with such as cooking oil or butter, feel free to use that)

Things you might need/use:
-One pot
-One pan
-Rasp
-Container/Bowl for the salad
-Sieve
-Cutting knife + cutting board + potato peeler

Preparation:

1) Start by warming up the pan, put a bit margarine in it (or anything else if you don't prefer margarine) so the meat doesn't easily burn or stick to the pan. Salt the tenderloin. Once the margarine has spread over the surface of the pan, put the tenderloin in the pan. Keep the fire/heat setting on low.
Don't forget to regularly check on your tenderloin and turn it over now and again.
2) While the meat is a-cookin', you can start putting up a pot with water to warm up. Add some salt. In here you can put the peas to cook later. Put the fire/heat setting also on low for now.
3) And while everything is now set up, you can start making the carrot salad. Start peeling/cutting/slicing the skin off of the carrots and then washing them under cold water. Once done cut one end off. This is where you start to rasp. You don't cut off the other end, but you also don't rasp until the very end. You need something to hold onto so you can rasp most of the carrot without wasting as much as possible.
4) Here is where your rasp comes in: Take the washed off carrots and start rasping them into the container/bowl. The container does not have to be a large and fancy one, as the end result is a rather small (and delicious) salad.
5) All done with rasping? Good! Now let's start to make the salad more of a salad. Remember the pepper, salt, oil and vinegar in the ingredients list? We're going to need those. It's all up to taste here with this step, but here is what I do when I have rasped two or three medium-sized/large carrots (which is enough for me for a couple of meals :P): Put in salt and pepper first, the pepper slightly and thinly covering the top layer. Then add a table spoon or two of vinegar and a table spoon of sunflower oil. After that it's all up to taste. I prefer if it has a bit of a 'bite' and 'sharpness', so I tend to put in a bit more vinegar than sunflower oil after the initial first spoons. There, salad all done!
6) By this time the water for the peas should be starting to boil. Time to add the (frozen) peas to the pot. Be sure to read the instructions how long, as it can vary from company to company, and vary from pea to pea species. Wait for the water to boil again, and start the countdown that it mentioned on the package. In general, my experience has been 2 minutes. That way the pea is enough boiled, but still has some bite to it. (I dislike it when peas are way too soft and squishy, unless they're mushy peas.)
7) After the peas are done, pour the water out from the pot. You can use the sieve. Be sure to keep the peas in the pot afterwards and the lid on to keep them as hot as possible until you are done with everything.
8) Feel free to check if the meat is exactly how you want it. You can do this by cutting halfway through the thickest part of the tenderloin. Is it good, then you are done! If not, increase the fire/heat setting and pay close attention to the meat, regularly turn it over.

9) Put it all on a plate... Enjoy!

Tips!

Tip 2:
Tired of your meat drying out while you're cooking? Add a small layer of water into the pan.
Don't want to do that? Cover the top of the pan with a lid from the start to prevent the steam from escaping, which is the cause for dried-out meat.

• Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

guest22811

Re: Cookbook Of A Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 05:37:15 AM »
Dang, you sure have been working on this post for a while, eh? I love it, it looks fantastic!
I might let my little sister try out making the tomato soup since she's obsessed with cooking 0_o

Keep it up!

Ps. I feel the same way about the cookbook board.. It's a bit deserted haha