The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How to not get (as) sick from eating raw meat?  (Read 2949 times)

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/demon/fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Crimson red/grey
  • Height: 5’ 11”
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Improving at Osu!
How to not get (as) sick from eating raw meat?
« on: September 27, 2016, 03:32:59 PM »
long story short, I've had a habit of eating raw bacon and sometimes Turkey. So far, I've only had mild stomach aches.

And no, I don't walk on all fours in a forest, jump on a turkey or pig and take a big ass bite out of it. I only do it with store bought meat.

And no, you won't always get salmonella or some shit from raw meat, freezing, defrosting, and then proceeding to eat it kills the bacteria  :/ (that rumour about salmonella needs to die already  >:( ). I mainly do it for enjoyment, as it makes me feel like a wild animal, rather than the human race (narcissistic by nature and self-destructive). There's just something so satisfying of having actual blood flow through you mouth, instead of some shitty bbq sauce.
twitch.tv/MTF_AsrielDreemurr

guest22811

Re: How to not get (as) sick from eating raw meat?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:33:09 AM »
long story short, I've had a habit of eating raw bacon and sometimes Turkey. So far, I've only had mild stomach aches.

And no, I don't walk on all fours in a forest, jump on a turkey or pig and take a big ass bite out of it. I only do it with store bought meat.

And no, you won't always get salmonella or some shit from raw meat, freezing, defrosting, and then proceeding to eat it kills the bacteria  :/ (that rumour about salmonella needs to die already  >:( ). I mainly do it for enjoyment, as it makes me feel like a wild animal, rather than the human race (narcissistic by nature and self-destructive). There's just something so satisfying of having actual blood flow through you mouth, instead of some shitty bbq sauce.

Oh my gosh, I do the same 0_o *high fives*
I sometimes get sick though. Honestly I see no problem with it since it's store bought and not 'jump on a turkey or pig and take a big ass bite out of it.'
[/size][/i]

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 07:05:39 AM »

Oh my gosh, I do the same 0_o *high fives*
I sometimes get sick though. Honestly I see no problem with it since it's store bought and not 'jump on a turkey or pig and take a big ass bite out of it.'

*High fives back*

I'm surprised more furries and otherkin folk aren't doing the same thing. Honestly, the only drawback to eating raw meat is if you get the really soft part in your mouth (stuff is nasty af). It happens to me all the time when eating chicken legs, i just get this rubbery part and it tastes like satan (even happens with cooked meat),

But anyway, getting sick is inevitable with this sort of thing. But hey, if we do it enough, then humans will eventually evolve to where we can eat raw meat without consequence (that's how evolution works right?)

guest22811

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 12:14:25 PM »
Dammit, my text becomes small sometimes for no apparent reason. Sorry about that :/

Oh god

I can just imagine the cringe\\

Another thing that happens with me is if the bone splinters and you get it in your mouth. It feels like you're eating wood chips.

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 04:00:43 PM »
You don't.  It's impossible you'll get sick if you keep eating this stuff and it could very well kill you as well. Stop doing it

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 03:18:15 AM »
You don't.  It's impossible you'll get sick if you keep eating this stuff and it could very well kill you as well. Stop doing it

Yeah… no thanks.
Don't tell me how to live my life.

I asked for advice, not opinions

Offline [INACTIVE]

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:29:08 AM »
That wasn't an opinion. It's fact, you can eat it all you want. But the chances of you getting sick from it or dying from it is quite high. And I will tell you how to live your life in this situation because if you keep eating like that you won't have] life. Just looking out for you.

Offline CZAtion

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »
That wasn't an opinion. It's fact, you can eat it all you want. But the chances of you getting sick from it or dying from it is quite high. And I will tell you how to live your life in this situation because if you keep eating like that you won't have] life. Just looking out for you.

It will kill me?

Not really, you ever seen that documentary about the guy who can digest glass and metal? If you eat something enough times, you adapt to it. The same thing happens with bacteria, you can see it happen in history (like how the Mexicans introduced disease to the Aztecs, and because they weren't *cough* adapted *cough*, they were nearly wiped out).

I'm no biologist, but I can handle eating it. Just wanted to know how to stop occasional sickness.

Offline N3RDF0X

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 02:07:03 AM »
I respect your right to do whatever you want, but this information may help a bit.

1. The Spaniards are the ones that brought disease over, not the mexicans (rather large difference between the two).

2. Typically only infected meat will give you salmonella, emphasis on infected. However, the chances of getting it increase quite a lot when it is ingested raw, hence why it's better for your health to cook it first.

3. After a bunch of Google searching and consulting with someone who went to medical school, it's likely what you are experiencing is food poisoning, caused by eating undercoked/raw meat. Most likely the sickness you experience is either E. Coli, Salmonella,  or Listeria, depending on the source of the illness and symptoms you experience. The only real way to avoid it (as far as i can tell) would be to stop eating raw meat.

Hope this helps!