The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Skullgirls 2nd encore (And me gushing about my love for it)  (Read 945 times)

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
Skullgirls 2nd encore (And me gushing about my love for it)
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »
I'm back. For a while at most... But that's besides the point, as I must see if anyone around here shares my infatuation with this little fighting game gem.

Honestly, It's an amazing houch work went into this. All characters are drawn and animated beautifully, which is on of a kind in a genre dominated by Computer animated characters, all of them have truly unique designs and the voice acting really fits all of them, And I mean it when I say "Unique" You can play a tuba man that kicks ass WITH. MUSIC.

The soundtrack is a main plus for me too, Jazz dominates the soundtrack and pulls the environments together.
Not all of it is jazz, a stage theme or two might be an entirely different genre of music... but yet It won't feel out of place as almost all of the environments are tailored to their respective themes, and not one of the themes fail at delivering the hype and badassery that this game shines with

I've played a good amount of fighting games before, yet none have truly sucked me into the genre until now, It Gives you fairly easy combos in which you can spin off of and find the most damaging chain you can muster and doesn't punish you for not being the best at them. The balance is amazing too, No character feel like it has an advantage over the other and all have strength's and weaknesses that make no two characters the same

Anyway, I'm done gushing about the game.
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.