The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hai  (Read 1150 times)

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Send me a PM if you live in my area. :)
    • Fur Affinity
    • My Twitter. :)
    • Awards
  • Species: House Cat
  • Coloring: Jet-Black Fur, Sapphire-Blue Eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 150 lbs
  • Build: Scrawny Arms, Good Back and Leg Strength
  • Currently: Writing furry fiction.
Hai
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:18:02 AM »
I've decided to stop lurking on popular social media sites and instead join a smaller forum so I can get to know people. I've been born and raised in a somewhat-more liberal pocket of North Alabama. I like music, walking, stories, and learning new things. So, how's it going?
Oh, and P.S: I now hold the championship for Asteroids. It didn't take long, really.  :P

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Hai
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:20:40 AM »
Wow, how did you get the record for Asteroids? I'm glad to have you here on the forum! It's nice to meet you :D
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 05:23:29 AM »
Wow, how did you get the record for Asteroids? I'm glad to have you here on the forum! It's nice to meet you :D

I'm a faithful practitioner of what I like to call the 'fixed turret' strategy. The trick is to never move your spaceship, spam the fire button, and rotate to shoot everything that threatens to get too close. Movement in the Asteroids game is very difficult to control, so this eliminates that issue. The strategy also makes it to where you have less to focus on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:25:40 AM by PenWrite »

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:32:17 AM »
Heyo! Welcome to TFF! And congrats for becoming our new Asteroids Champion! If what you're looking for are friends then I believe you made the right choice joining the forum, take a look around all the different boards and join a few discussions or games to let the others know you, we're all friendly here and (most likely) won't bite! Out of curiosity, do you mind me asking what are your favorite music genres? :)

But anyway, feel free to send me a PM if you ever need a direction or perhaps if you just want to chat, I'm always glad to help! I'll see you around then, have fun! ^_^

Favorite type of music? Ummmmmmm......

Yes.  o.O

Seriously though, I find that my tastes are hard to pinpoint. I'll occasionally listen to rap from underground artists, peruse some video game and anime osts, I like a few pop songs (emphasis on 'a few'), and... yea. There are also remixes from small-time artists that I like, I'll pull up some Two Steps From Hell or similar artists if the mood is right, and so on. My music tastes are very nonspecific.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »

I'm a faithful practitioner of what I like to call the 'fixed turret' strategy. The trick is to never move your spaceship, spam the fire button, and rotate to shoot everything that threatens to get too close. Movement in the Asteroids game is very difficult to control, so this eliminates that issue. The strategy also makes it to where you have less to focus on.

But what do you do about the projectiles?

Offline PenWrite

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 05:57:06 AM »

But what do you do about the projectiles?

If you're talking about the bullets from the flying saucers, I find that the acceleration isn't good enough to avoid them in time anyway, so it's better to just stay still in order to avoid ramming into asteroids, prioritize the flying saucers whenever they appear, and just hope that the invisible ones don't land a hit on you.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you! Good job with asteroids
I hope you have lots of fun around here and find new friends and just have fun in general! See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 06:44:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Let me know if you need anything :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 01:53:17 AM »
Welcome asteroids champ!  XD  Way to come in with a BANG. Hope to see you around!

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 04:48:47 AM »
welcome to the furry forum ^_^  all is well as long as you don't take my high-scores oh and please take the tetris score
not a signature

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 05:13:06 AM »
Welcome aboard, PenWrite!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Jenny ♥

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »
Welcome!
I hope that you will enjoy your stay. Grab a drink, lean back and watch the creepy show.
And you can message me whenever, if you need someone to talk to or just want to be friends, of course!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
Well, look what the cat dragged in. Himself! *badum tish*

Welcome to TFF, bud!