The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shattered Glass: A Broken Heart  (Read 9166 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
Re: Poems From My Random Moods: English Class Assignment
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
That's a shame. Still, your writing is worth the long wait, so nobody can complain. As a request, although dark stuff is good, it would be an interesting change to see one written about friendship and your personal experiences concerning the notion of friendship. Knowing you, you should still be able to add a dark twist to it. :)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
Confined and Silencer both have what a perceive as an old-timey feel to them, reminding me of the morbid tales of Death and the Grim Reaper often spouted by certain groups.You however, managed to inject some of your own perceptions into it and managed to really bring it alive.
The Dark really speaks to my sympathetic side and whilst it is shorter then others of a similar nature, what you've wrote clearly expresses the powerlessness and intensity of nothingness. As for Friends...I was expecting you to write something in this vein and with these concepts when i asked you to write about friends/friendship. You've definately met my high expectations and managed to show the pain quite well.
(BTW, typo on last line.You spelled cruel as being 'creul')
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »
Nice Poetry, very well written and emotional. A few of them strike home with me in some ways so what better way to appreciate something then that

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »
Words fail me.
The wide variety of emotion, thoughts, feelings and themes; all complementing and contrasting one another whilst conveying to us a snapshot of your mind...Incredible. Some really struck my empathetic chords, others brought a tear to my eyes...
You truly have outdone yourself.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »
More great poems, I particularly like Savior.

You got a real knack for writing them

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
How very true...
I'm amazed by the consistent high quality in which your work always has.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2008, 08:43:43 PM »
EDIT: I was in a hurry so I couldn't finish...

If this life is a waste of time, why am I still breathing? This time of change and worry attacks when we so closely guard our lives. We cannot nor will we ever let this plague of flesh and blood corrupt us. Days go by, the sun fades. Many fall into the build of sin and false innocence, condemned to remain. Those under the spell cannot and do not see why they are not alive, but dead, dead to the rest. No one will help those fallen, none really can spare the time. And when another life is so uselessly wasted on the cold cement of an abandoned town, little is done to quench the ever-lasting hunger for blood, sorrow, and pain.

We all feel this thirst, the thirst for chaos and total destruction of the human race. Seeking to decimate ourselves, we bury further and further in the muddy sins of generations past. This utter disregard cannot be blamed on our parents, nay, we are to blame for this insane treatment of our fellow man. We play a dangerous game of cat and mouse with our Masters, and one day the game will end; we will lose and be forever burned in flames of searing heat and blistering cold. Mark my words friend, our days of destruction will end and the punishment will be severe. I only pray that you save yourself and confess your part in the cruel game today, nay, this hour or be consumed.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 06:09:59 AM »
 omg Powerful stuff, even by your standards. May I ask what brought you to write this rather true piece?

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
This life I'm given cannot be all I have but it is. Only one thing is still alive to keep me smiling; my best friend and soon-to-be partner. He's always been able to make me laugh, though I cannot honestly explain why. There's just too many unknown variables in this life to know when a good day comes. Most of the days are horrible anyway so I doubt it matters.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »
Hmm...Interesting and so true...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
Re: Random Stories/Poems/Etc.
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2008, 12:09:38 AM »
These days run like ink, finishing with my cold blood. A soul for a soul, an eye for an eye. The feel of someone else's hands on my skin makes me sick, I cannot stand that feeling. It's like electricity, flaring up and threatening to burn me. These feelings are forbidden to me. I am not allowed such tender touches, nor the gentle love that comes with them. None realize the discipline it takes to endure the sentiments of my fellow companions. We may share this Earth, but we do not share the same feelings. Our world is dying, we are blind to it.

They do not care for me, nor I them. There's no reason to. Now that we are growing apart, let me finish what I have started on my own. This life let me down, so let me go and stop trying to pull me back into the light. This darkness of inky nightmares and horrible memories that haunt me must be mine alone, the demons will continue to attack until they are vanquished. Let me be, I no longer need another's help to overcome what I am. I truly am never going to recover, let me be.

None can hear the heart wrenching scream that tears through my mouth, rippling along my skin as the howling winds surround me. I will not let the blood on my hands stain another, they deserve so much better. You cannot possibly understand what goes on inside this shattered heart I call my own. The far-off touch of Death tickles my blackened heart as I stare into the night, tears falling onto the broken glass at my feet. I do not have anther to call my own, nor am I another's own. Nothing bothers me as much anymore. The touch of Life is retreating, all the reasons to smile fading.

This depression I cannot escape, nor can I break the spell. It's for me to stay inside, this hardened shell of broken memories and shattered dreams. When the right hand touches these walls of stone and ice, they will dissolve and my heart will beat again. Until then, my shattered heart stays hidden from those unworthy of the caring touch so many have taken for granted. No longer will I allow my heart to be played with, no longer will it be someone else's beat bag. This isn't what I wanted, not at all....
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:23 AM »
Very dark, and well written. But I'd expect no less from you. I can only imagine what inspires you to write such pieces

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2008, 04:58:23 AM »
Its nice to have a way to vent your troubles, even moreso artistically, I envy you in that regard

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:45 AM »
As always your writing never ceases to stir my heart and wake me up to the wide world of emotion that you exhale. Hauntingly beautiful...

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
Anyways,, >.> NEW WORK!!!!

A new heart, more misery.
 Nothing changes in this
house of torment.
The lies I'm told,
the alibis I make to hide,
no one will care for me after this.
None will ever know
of what's hidden inside of me,
not now or ever again.
Life of promise lost within,
quite the story to recall...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:51:19 PM by ~Weakest Link: Livor Mortis~ »
Your Worst Nightmare