The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favourite way to have your coffee?  (Read 220 times)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Favourite way to have your coffee?
« on: September 16, 2024, 06:31:53 PM »
In the United Kingdom, it's very common to have freeze-dried instant coffee every morning.. For the past two years, we've been drinking exclusively french-press ground coffee; we're still learning the ins and outs of it all (and we'd love to try a moka pot! My partner, my bear, is Spanish, so they've waxed lyrical, but also made me scared of the bloody thing!)
When I had still lived with my parents (moons ago now...) they had used to buy fresh beans and grind them themselves to put into the french-press... Delicious! Of course, this was so long ago, that it was my Secondary School's own brand of beans that we called 'fairer than fairtrade' - I went to a Business & Enterprise private school  XD XD XD it had a fox mascot, and all! But it was great.

I'm sipping a new blend I've bought called 'Hot Magma' (!!!) which is super-strong, and coats the mouth - but it's absolutely delicious.

My bear went to Greece on a business trip (swanky!) and came back telling me of this thing which they do with instant coffee, blending it until it is frothy... It's strong, but it's very good - I had been dragged right into a Greek coffee shop that exists here, to try it myself!  XD I absolutey recommend it if you like strong and bitter drinks with interesting textures - I'm sure you could find it at most Greek restaurants! I've seen it called 'Greek Coffee', 'Whipped Coffee', and 'Dalgona' -- but I'm sure if you asked, they'd point you to the right one  ^_^

So I want to know... What is your preferred way to prepare coffee? What tools do you use, do you have any suggestions for me to up my game, or do you want to fight in the corner of instant coffee? Let me know your thoughts~

ZARA-RA!!

Offline L1am

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Liam's Museum
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: Green and Brown
  • Currently: Balling 😎
Re: Favourite way to have your coffee?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2024, 02:02:49 PM »
I'm not the biggest coffee fan but my family buys Folgers and makes it in just a standard coffee maker. I do like coffee just not like, plain coffee, I need milk and sugar in it and I don't drink it that often. My mom is obsessed with it though so we always have a big tub of coffee grounds.

Most of the coffee I drink is like those Starbucks frappuccino bottles you get at gas stations, I also like the Karuba brand ones though. Karuba is cheaper than Starbucks and it actually tastes like coffee so I might actually prefer it a bit more, I like the salted caramel flavor in both though.

I also get caribou coffee when I can but there's not a lot of them in my area so its pretty infrequent, I like to get the caramel high rise cooler there but it can be kind of hard to drink. They give you a normal sized straw and bits of ice always block it, they really should give that drink a boba straw or something.

(By the way LOVE THE COOPER GIF)

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Re: Favourite way to have your coffee?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2024, 06:37:21 PM »
Most of the coffee I drink is like those Starbucks frappuccino bottles you get at gas stations, I also like the Karuba brand ones though. Karuba is cheaper than Starbucks and it actually tastes like coffee so I might actually prefer it a bit more, I like the salted caramel flavor in both though.

Oh, I do so love those sweet chilled coffees! For the longest time, I would get Califa Farms almond milk coffee, when I did my weekly shop; buy it on a Friday, and then spend the weekend drinking it . . . Of course, Eiichiro Oda's One Piece would update both manga and anime on Sundays here, so I'd have a wonderful breakfast to watch the episode to in the mornings  :3

I was very much enjoying getting all kinds of sugarry coffees from various coffee shops -- but COSTA has done me dirty! They put some barley malt in this years' coffees, and .. Well, I have coeliac disease, and it was partially on me for not specifying - but I never in my right mind would have thought that COFFEE could contain gluten!  :o so I suppose what I want to say is, if you or anybody have dietary restrictions, it'd be a lot better to get weird looks when you ask 'hey, does this mayonnaise have milk in it?' than to assume. . . . (It's happened to me... Heinz uses milk powder in their garlic mayonnaise!)

I also get caribou coffee when I can but there's not a lot of them in my area so its pretty infrequent, I like to get the caramel high rise cooler there but it can be kind of hard to drink. They give you a normal sized straw and bits of ice always block it, they really should give that drink a boba straw or something.
That sounds nice! Well, except from the straw  :P I had to look up what a caribou coffee is - looks absolutely delectable! Yes, our favourite coffee shop is actually an independant place... It's very lovely, we had some lovely Arabic coffee that one of our Arab friends had suggested we be on the look out for - oh, it's incredible stuff! It's nutty, and it's not like what you'd expect - they brew it with the green coffee beans, and cardamom. It's delicious! And it comes served with presereved dates, as well - it's very bitter, so you might not enjoy it, L1am - but oh, we sure did!

And...
(By the way LOVE THE COOPER GIF)
I just had to  ;) I swear, every time I have a good sip of coffee.. 'DAMN fine!'  XD oh, Agent Cooper.

ZARA-RA!!