The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?  (Read 123 times)

Offline PotatoFur

• Vibrating Furby
  • Still figuring out my fursona.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Procrastinating, probably.
Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« on: September 20, 2024, 12:01:42 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm not referring to the arcade games on this site. I'm referring to retro arcade games like Pac-Man or 1943.

Mine's probably Burgertime because I like burgers and the animations for the burger parts look pretty cool ^_^ Plus it's actually kinda hard and I like a good challenge every once and awhile. The game play is pretty fun and unique as well!
-`-_-`-

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
Re: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2024, 02:17:38 AM »
Heavy emphasis on that (s) --

Flicky comes to mind initially. . . I absolutely adore Flicky! Hitting those mean old nasty cats with flower pots and the likes - what fun!  XP
GoldenAxe is also high up there - I've gotten really quite good at that one; I really like the multiplayer ones, as I always visit the arcade with my partner, and usually some of our friends. So really, it's a great time!

I finally had the chance the other month to play the Deluxe cabinet of OutRun - what a fantastic time! Those hydraulics - WOW! I already adore OutRun - but moving with the cabinet, what an absolute rush!  ^_^

Crazy Taxi is faaarrrrr too recent to count as 'retro' ... But deserves a mention, because of how much fun it is to play that cabbie!

I love, love, love arcade games. It's been a passion for a very long time; it used to be impossible to find places in the U.K to really sink your teeth into these things.. So for the past 15 years, I've been popping into every arcade I see, and putting the worthwhile ones on this list; https://puppyland.neocities.org/vgarcade
I just adore them!

ZARA-RA!!

Offline PotatoFur

• Vibrating Furby
  • Still figuring out my fursona.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Procrastinating, probably.
Re: Favourite retro aracde game(s)?
« Reply #2 on: 4 hours ago »
Flicky looks like a cute game.  ^_^ I'll have to try it some time!

I remember playing GoldenAxe on the Wii when I was younger! That game was fun  :)

I don't think I've tried any of those driving games before, but they look pretty fun in all honesty! Haven't seen any near where I live though. Crazy Taxi especially looks fun, so at the very least I'll have to play the computer version of it.

Similar situation for me in all honesty. I really like arcade games, but where I live, It's easy to find fast food places that have a few analog arcade games inside, but actual dedicated retro arcade places are few and far between.  :(

At the very least I have emulators to play arcade games on, but it's just not the same, you know?
-`-_-`-