The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Poll

does this thread rock?

yes=)
no=(

Author Topic: trapped  (Read 17735 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
Re: trapped
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »
"You might want to move..." Flames suggested softly to the dragon, bringing him out of shock long enough for Flames to get him further away from harm. "This isn't going to be pretty, that's for sure..." Was the last thing he said before ge changed. His eyes zeroed in on his foe, cold and focused with a blaze licking the sides of his iris. His mind entirely concentrated on the task at hand, storing extra energy in certain muscles, charging up more Ki, preparing for when the next shot was fired...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
Marko lines up his arm cannon for another burst, but seems to hesitate before he fires, and the shots stray left just enough to miss Vince. The sound of the armor striking the floor echos down the hall as he draws closer, his movements slower than they could have been. In the lab, a few of the more observant humans notice this.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2008, 08:31:55 PM »
Flames noticed the hesitation and slower movements, pondering on the connection between his foe and the escapee. It was an interesting thing to note, but he had more important things to be focusing on, like the large store of Ki he was gathering and his advancing foe.
Still charging his Ki and with energy flowing through his bloid into his muscles, Flames sped fowards, even faster than before. He didn't want to inflict too much damage, so a giant Ki blast was out of the question. Normal strikes wouldn't even dent the armour, even with Flames' strength. He instead charged his foe repeatedly from every angle, full-body tackling him no less than 360 times in a few mere seconds before unleashing a rapid assault of two-finger jabs on the weakest points in the armour, striking the same spots over and over in the exact same place. His body was barely visible, a blur appearing for split-seconds in different positions.
This was incredibly tiring and Flames was already starting to feel the burn. He reappeared in his starting position, waiting to gain his breath a tiny bit and see what effects he had unleashed. The cybernetically enhanced one had been knocked back quite a bit and his armour had a small, almost unnoticible cracks in a few weaker areas, but otherwise everything seemed relatively okay. This might take a while...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
Marko's armor held up admirably, and it seemed he had fewer reservations against attacking THIS escapee. He raises his arm cannon, spraying in Flames' general direction. On the automatic setting a single shot would hardly be fatal, but the volume of fire was intimidating at least. The shots that missed Flames and the others, and there were bound to be plenty as Marko had yet to address a few flaws in the weapon, chipped away at the walls and showered the floor in chips of stone.

A few of the researchers watching in lab E-27 smirked. "And to think he worried about bugs in the system! He's going to tear them apart!" Edward Newman, the head researcher in the lab, sighed. "You idiot. He wouldn't have bothered testing the system if its flaws were obvious. And besides, we know it has its share of flaws. How else do you think we caught him?"

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »
Flames was almost...disapointed. Almost. He decided that whilst a large Ki blast wasn't morally right to use, a smaller one, especially considering the slightly weaker status of the armour, should do the trick. Flames suddenly appeared right in front of Marko. He knocked Marko's arms to the side and placed both of his palms on his foe's chest. Flames may be running low on energy, but he currently had a healthy supply of Ki.
"Enerugi-Tanma Revised: Dual Palm!" And with that Flames thrust foward will all his might, the two spheres drilling into his foe before finally discharging their energy, sending Marko flying into the wall with a loud crash. Everyone else ran ahead, excluding Flames, who waited a moment to determine if Marko was still a major threat...

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online
  • I have found my light, so let him come to me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black and Red
  • Height: 175 cm (5' 74")
  • Weight: 62 kg (139 lbs)
  • Build: Muscular...ish
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
It had seemed like the world had stood still for a moment when Vince had seen Marko, but was quickly brought back from his thought by Flames who had pushed him aside. Vince had noticed Markos short hesitation, so he must have seen him.
While he was pushed away by the others who were running away from the battle Vince's thoughts had been left behind. The only thing that now went through his mind was that Flames didn't do to much damage to Marko, if so, Vince would never forgive himself for letting it happen. But he was sure about one thing. Marko was coming out of there with them, whether he wanted it or not!
But Vince had to have a plan before confronting Marko... If not, he might never get out of here alive... But it was a risk he was willing to take.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:27:40 PM by Vince the Dark »

Giruuuuuu!

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2008, 04:31:01 PM »
Marko crashed into the wall, his armor lodged in the stone. Damage to the suit was tolerable, but Marko did not escape unharmed. He took a moment to regain his bearings, but soon he raised his arm-cannon. A few panels opened, the gun reconfiguring itself from the machinegun to a cannon, a ball of energy charging in the barrel. The weapon locked on to Vince the second it was ready to fire, but he could not bring himself to shoot as the targets escaped dow the hall.

The scientists were hardly pleased. "Why didn't he shoot? Check the targeting systems, make sure the calibration is right." "Don't waste your time."

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
Flames wondered once more about why Marko wouldn't fire at Vince and what their history was. He quickly shook his head to clear his mind. He didn't wish to injure Marko, and didn't have enough energy remaining right now to continue fighting. Still, he had to ensure that he was no longer a threat, at least for the time being. There was a single opening, too small to really see what lay underneath the armour.
Flames dashed fowards one last time, darting to and fro to ensure that he wouldn't get hit. He thrust a single finger into the opening, injecting his remaining Ki directly into as many nerves and pressure points as possible.
If it had been successful, Marko wouldn't be able to pursue them for quite a while and if it didn't...well, that was why Flames was already hurrying away, heading towards Vince...

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2008, 05:11:32 PM »
When Vince looked backwards he saw that Marko was aiming the cannon at him but still couldn't make himself shoot. This was good, he thought, because it was a sign that all hope wasn't lost yet.
He also saw that Flames was hurrying toward them now, after landing a final blow on Marko. But still Flames looked a bit worried. Well... on the other hand who wouldn't be in a place like this, but still...

Giruuuuuu!

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
"Are you coming?" Flames asked Vince with a slight hint of urgency trickling into his otherwise calm tone.

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2008, 05:49:20 PM »
"Yes, I'm coming", Vince answered a bit halfheartedly and started running again with a last look towards Marko.

Giruuuuuu!

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »
Vince seemed a bit hesitant and was running rather slowly. They would never catch up at this rate...
Flames sighed to himself and grabbed onto Vince, pulling him along at high speeds, the dragon's feet never touching the floor. Flames made certain that his grip was tight but not rough or uncomfortable for Vince as they came closer to the others ahead. It was going to be a long day...

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Even through the suit the escaping furs could have heard Marko yelp at the final strike, collapsing onto the floor as the light showing the suits eyes faded and turned complletely black. The genius of Markos design, and one of its main flaws, was that the suit was directly connected to his nervous system, and as a result Flames' strike shorted out the suit for the time being. Slowly, he raises his arm to his helmet and begins pressing the manual release switches. It was not easy, given the weight of the suit and the fact that he was still in considerable pain and the fact that his favored hand was covered by the cannon, but he was determined.

"What the-? Why don't we have picture!? There's no way they could have destroyed the suit!" The technicians began to scramble, Newman simply looking smug behind the main console.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Flames' thoughts drifted back to Marko as he caught up with the other escapees. He hated having to inflict so much pain against him, although it was infinitely preferable to failing everyone or using one of his more dangerous attacks. This way Flames still had enough energy to flee, could regain said energy easier and didn't have to worry too much about Marko...for now.
It was a shame really. Flames sensed that the cybernetically enhanced fur could have been fighting better then he had been. If they had both been fighting at their best...That would have been interesting...

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »
Vince didn't know what hit him when Flames grabbed him and went forward with high speed.
When they stopped Vince saw that they had reached the others, but still he couldn't help it that his mind was of wandering on it's own. He couldn't keep his focus on anything right now accept from Marko who was now lying somewhere behind them, and most likely in pain, because Vince thought that he had heard Marko yelp after that last blow.

Giruuuuuu!