The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furgate FG-1  (Read 4291 times)

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
Re: Furgate FG-1
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 12:37:20 AM »
duo switched to a low power setting and took off her helmet, letting her white and black hair out of her hair tie. she breathed deep. "sir i am at your orders sir" duo said saluting her CO vosur, not sure if she should salute arke

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »
"It's him you should be following orders, not me. I'm not the CO anymore since he assumed the responsibility." He returned the salute out of respect and reaction, though realizing he was not in any official uniform. "Geh, don't do that. One, we're out in the field... two, I'm not in any recognized military uniform... and lastly, formalities should be saved for the Honor Guard." He starts walking to the supply shed, a bit shakily due to the temp-repair he had made. "Why is it that I break an actuator gear in the middle of nowhere?"

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 12:52:41 AM »
"hey stuff happens at the weirdest times, sir" she said saluting arke and following vosur to the shed a confused look on her face, it was odd for her to call her co anything but sir or Lt or whatever. but those were her orders. she got to the shed and looked around inside. ammo filled boxes on the floor, some tools were over in the back corner, some creats of general supplys were here, enough for a few days.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
Vosur turned back to the new CO, not realizing he didn't answer the question. "Sorry, we should need at least 3 hours. Little less than 1 for the set-up and the other 2 for charging."

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 02:54:16 AM »
"Alright, you have exactly three hours until we move out. And if we're ready before that, let me know." Arke wanders the base slowly, clearing each building and finding each just as devoid of life.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »
It didn't take him long to go into the supply cabin and come back out with a couple of cables and a pair of connectors for each, doing a quick-solder on one end of both cables to attach them to his legs, then solders the two cables into one large connector to fit the Lieutenant's armor and connects. After finding a couple of Meals-Ready-to-Eat (MRE's) and handing one to the Lieutenant, he sits down and connects his end to his legs. It took him about 30 minutes to accomplish this since the tools and items were readily available, but it took him a couple of minutes to get through the MRE packaging before he could start eating.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »
duo fumbled eating the MRE after she spent a few minutes attaching the cables to her central power core. now she just had to rest and let the power levels rise, she sat down on a crate and leaned bacxk against the cabin, it took her considerably more time to hook up the cables than for vosur, her fingers felt clunky without the suit working with her instead of against her, there's no way i'm gonna survive if i'm out of juice with this on she looked at vosur "if something happens and my suit runs out of power, should i get out and run, this is experimental tech, should i leave it and fight or run, or should i fight or run but keep it" she didn't know what would happen withen after the would head out

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »
He looks up to her after swallowing a bite. "Detonate the self-destruct after getting out of it and to a safe-distance. Remember that watch you were given before we started? There's a smaller silver button, in contrast to the camo coloration of the rest of the watch, that sets the timer for 10 seconds." He still had a problem with the MRE due to his claw-like nails, which was common for most wolves.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 01:31:03 AM »
"thanks" she said pausing at the end to resist the habit of finishing with sir, she kept eating her MRE, her eyes shifting trying to take everything in at once, she would be ready. she looked at her wrist at the watch she had, ahe had forgot about the little device on her wrist awhile ago. she located the silver button and smiled, knowing it was safe there, shne sat back and kept scanning the area

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
Arke came back to the two, grabbing an MRE of his own. This isn't good, he thought to himself. "SG-5's not checking in. No response from anyone..." He shrugs and looks around. "I'm not sure what would be worse, that they're all KIA, or the Goa'uld have learned how to jam our radios..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 10:57:15 PM »
"It wouldn't surprise me any if they had the resources and the capability to jam all of our frequencies at one time. If that were so, then that could mean we have a mothership straigh-up above us and they're directing a jammer-scanner RF unit right on us." He spoke after finishing off the main portion of the MRE, now going for the extra grain supplement. "If that were the case, then they were more cautious than I thought and SG-5's in a bind. Lately from what I've seen, the Goa'uld have been trying to capture any Earth tech they can... sort of like how SG-11 was, just in reverse." He starts 'wolfing' down the grain supplement, licking his lips when he finished. "But there could be a lot of magnetic ore around here instead of them trying to jam us. I could feel something weighing me down a bit more when I was doing recon, but I thought it was my clothing."

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
duo finished eating her MRE and sighed, keeping an eye on her watch, it held basic readouts, one was power, her suit was about at 30% capacity right now. "sir i have just under 1 third power, should we head for the gate" she asked as the sun creeped closer to the horizon, soon the goa'uld would be able to mobilize and it was making her nervious. she looked at vosur, then at arke, belatedly remembering he was the CO now.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 07:56:34 PM »
Arke nods, glancing back down the path. "I'd like to wait for the rest of FG-5... You two go for the gate, and get FG-3 and -7 on standby. If we need them, we'll have a few of those Asland, or Ashoarde, or whatever they are weapons, and that should give us a chance against a larger Goa'uld force."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 12:30:29 AM »
"Asgard." he spoke in attempt to let the new CO know of who were their allies. He did not unhook his legs just yet, even though Arke had given the order to move out, hoping to allow Duo more charging time.  "Sir, if I remember correctly, there was to be no rescue mission if SG-11 was to be discovered and not call-back through the 'Gate. So, may I ask what your mission was for here?" He finds a granola bar in one of his spare pouches and starts to eat on it.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »
duo looked at her CO and at vosur, she had been on a few nissions with the wolf next to her, she didn't know thia new guy, but a good soldier dosen't ask questions. she did wonder why she didn't disconnect from vosur, he did tell us to move out, but she did need the power. but still when push came to shove she didn't know who she would follow. don't think like that duo, wait for shore leave, not in hostil teritory she looked at vosur and then at arke. now that vosur mentioned it, she hadn't seen any other soldiers sense she had met this coyote. stop thinking like that! good soldiers don't second guess their CO, and espicaly not in a place like this with goa'uld so close