The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Draft  (Read 9725 times)

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
Re: The Draft
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2008, 05:28:24 AM »
"Well, I'm gonna need some more rest.  Tell the others I'm fine..."
Shane fell back to sleep.

(( Gotta go. ))

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2008, 05:29:50 AM »
"I don't understand, I'm at a Hospital, a mobile one, what could be significant about it? I'm healed, mostly. Though I'm not combat ready, not for a while." Frank has a tendancy to go off in a conversation, and he almost hit his head on the table. "Woah, geez..."

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Red, white
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2008, 05:53:51 AM »
Nikolai nodded slowly. "Get well soon, but not too soon. The Commander will end up throwing you back out there." he winked, then left the room. The nurse came back in and read the monitors, then shut the lights off and closed the door behind her.

Nikolai returned to his seat in the recreation lounge. He laid down on the couch, as the television portrayed a furry-network show about court cases, most of which were frivolous and involved loopholes and the like to get their way. Sadly, the innocent rarely came on top in shows like these. However, he wasn't too picky, and just enjoyed the chance to sit and act somewhat... normal.

That is, until he saw her. She walked into the room casually, and sat down on the complete opposite side of the room. She wore a white labcoat and was looking down at a clipboard, occasionally jotting down notes. She was colored with a fine yellow-red fur, and her flowing tail extended out and up her back, coming to a nice fluff at the top. And best of all, she smelled beautiful. Nikolai almost recognized the smell, but couldn't quite pinpoint it. It seemed... far-off.

It was tense for a little bit, Nikolai thinking about the girl while she worked in the back, when she calmly said. "Sir? Would you mind moving a little to the left?" Nikolai almost froze, but obliged, looking back at her with an almost unsure smile. She continued to speak. "Your tail was in the way."

Nikolai's heart plummeted, though he didn't see it. He quickly turned back to the television, curling his tail down. It was obvious she would have seen the balded spot, and never before had he felt so embarrassed about his appearance. He almost crushed his tail in his grip, but when he realized it, he loosened his paws and stroked his tail to fluff it out a bit more.

For what seemed like an eternity, he sat there, only mildly caring about the television. Then, she left as calmly as she came in. Nikolai released his tension, but in the end, his only thought on the situation was. "wow", which he expressed under his breath after she left the room. He was now once again, the only fur there.

It wasn't until he focused back on the television that the thought of his previous love, a love that was mutual, whom he left almost a year ago with no word from her since. It was rare to find another squirrel lady, and even then, would he give up on here so easily? Sure, he had loved her, but she was most likely.... dead... now...

He thought about it. If he held onto his previous love and found she was dead, he would most likely not meet this one again. And if he gave up, he could get to know here better and... well... he was getting ahead of himself. Calming himself down mentally, he decided he would just see where things went first.

It was just very rare for him to find someone of the same species, especially one who was so... attractive.

"I thought as much. You are in Human Instillation Beta Alpha Lamba. HIBAL, for short. I am commander Scott Williamson, and this is my headquarters of operations. Our purpose here is classified, but key to the survival of the Human army." Scott closed the file, and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry to inform you of this, but you will be unable to leave this instillation without my permission. And for the time being, you're stuck here."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:08:37 AM by Nikolai »

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2008, 05:58:59 AM »
"That's fine by me, just as long as we can do something about those Non-Human scum while we are here. One way or another, justice must be served."

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
"I like you. You don't ask questions." Scott smiled. "Well then, you're done for the night. Get some rest, I'll contact you in the morning." Scott began to stand up and walk off from the room, going back to his quarters. The sun was setting, and he liked to be in before dark.

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2008, 06:25:41 AM »
"Yeah, see you then." Frank got to bed and went to sleep when bedtime came.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »
duo awoke as the sun was just peaking over the horizon, she had shooed the technecian away last might, she had yet to fix her self up, she didn't letg any one get that close. she got up and found a few patch kits and started fixing up the bullet holes and the barrels of the guns. shee looked around for that human she had helped the other day.

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »
Gizor looked around and saw no one, he had been talking to himself. "this injury must be making me delirious," he wondered how the squad leader was doing and he set off to find him
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
A nurse came into Gizor's room suddenly. She was a fairly pretty fox. "Oh! You're awake! I'm so sorry, we had something else to attend to..." She walked over to sit down next to him with a clipboard in hand. "How do you feel?"

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
gizor looked over over the new arrival, "im a little iffy right now" he said and quickly sat down in case the nurse got mad for him walking around. "im not even sure what happened to me entirely, one minute i was fighting, and the next im here" he sighed looking at his injuries
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
The nurse nodded. "We believe you were knocked out by an enemy mortar shell."

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
duo finished with the bare minimum of repairs made, and got up and looked around for the human, she helped, she took out her wrench and worked on her arm as she asked directions from the nearest guard. he gave her directions with out problem, he must either belive she was on there side or someone else was capable of stopping her. she walked down the hall of the moving facility and ended up in front of franks bed, he looked to be asleep. so she sat down and kept working on her arm, till he woke up.

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2008, 04:15:20 AM »
Frank woke up and turned around in his bed to see Duo working on her arm, "Morning." he said, sitting up. "The Commander said he will contact us in the morning, did he say anything to you last night?"

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2008, 04:24:06 AM »
Scott Williamson was resting in his quarters. He didn't sleep on a bed, he slept on a chair with his computer displays in front of him, which he dimmed and lowered the volume on (but didn't dare turn off) while he powerslept. He only slept a few hours a day, but with the injections, supplements, and stimulants he took, he could go for days without sleep and feel no consequences for it.

The displays previously showed the satellite images of the battle. More importantly, they were tracking and forming a route between the furry's airplane and where they dropped off the map. He wasn't going to lose everything here, and if he was lucky, he'll find their nearest base. Even if it was a refueling station, he could raid it and gain information. That was his plan, anyway.

If all went well, then perhaps they could make a test run of the weapon too...

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2008, 04:29:35 AM »
gizor looked at his wounds " will i still be able to fight?" he asked the nurse, the war was all he knew, he couldn't let some injuries stop him.