The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Something my mom told me today which makes me mad & sad...  (Read 2393 times)

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
Re: Something my mom told me today which makes me mad & sad...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »
can i throw in my 2 cents about human hunting cause i just read shadows post and i'd like to sat something

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 03:54:08 PM »
as long as no one fights about it.
you can say what you want to say in response, but that's the end to that discussion.
ok?

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
ok

yo we may have tech on our side, but we don't accoutn for any species going out due to hunting, we have  laws, we can't kill more than what the conservation department allows, if we do we get fined, ok the conservation department stops us from tking them down we have laws too, we think about the enviroment too

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
A question, because I don't know fully how the hunting laws go. Ok, I know that there are limits on how many each person can kill, right? (Stop me if I'm wrong) But are there limits on how many are killed total in a season? But we have killed a few species to extinction, like the dodo or... what were they? Carrier pigeons? Some kind of pigeon, and whales are being hunted, too. But then again it is a combination of habatat loss and hunting, so... I guess its unfair to say its all hunters fault. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:07:43 PM by ShadoWolf800 »

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »
thank you i was talking about land hunters who hunt for good (like a lot of the hunters i hunt with go out get meat and donate the meat to homeless centers all over the place, and yes we do have a limit of seasons, ok we only get meat taken care of if we have tags, we only get enough tags for there to go around, the CD does tests to determin the pop in each area, and they look at how many ppl there are there, and they print out the tags needed and distributate them accordingaly, that was up in canada (read never cry wolf by farley mowat that displays this very nicly) but thats up in canada, here in the us we have rules and we follow them (some ppl don't but every barrel of apples has there own rotten one)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »
Ok. I thank you for clearing up that for me. Um... Yup. That's all, I guess. Wait! Are you a hunter? If you are, then could you awnser this: Is it nessary/easier/whatever to have a semi-automatic gun to hunt? Because I don't know much about guns, but arn't they like you can hold down the trigger and streams of bullets come out?

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 08:31:01 PM »
no a single shot gun is u fire and you have to reload (leagle to hunt with)
a sami automatic is where one shot is fired every time you pull the trigger (leagle to hunt with)
an automatic gun is you hold the trigger down and a continous stream of lead comes out (not leagle to hunt with)

you can hunt with what you want if i'm hunting i like SA cause if by some chance i miss i can end it fast with a second shot, remember what i said about tags, my dad was in a feild fulkl of turkeys he shot one only, he had a SA but he had already used his tags up, so he didn't take another

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 08:40:32 PM »
OH! I get it. But I still don't want SA's in D.C because you won't hunt anything except people there... Where do you get a hunting licence? I would like to try with a crossbow, but that would be hard wouldn't it?

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »
you look in the phone book for  near by class to take, it takes 2 days of studying and test taking, idk how it is in DC but cross bows are illegal to hunt with up here in NY i took the bow test and the gun test, that was a ? on it

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:45 PM »
Oh. Well, my mom would never let me have a gun/crossbow/tank or any kind of weapon anyway. So... I'll have to wait until I'm older.

Offline XXLordXXInuyashaXX

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Artic Fox, Were Wolf, Hellfire Gargoyle
  • Coloring: White and gray, black, red, and a little gray, red and black
  • Build: Usaully skinny
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 07:07:23 AM »
If this was something about a felinus I be so enraged that I wished he would be hanged.
I is the furry of the moutain. You can call me Blizzy, or Moutain Cat, or even LeopardTail.
I prefer BlizzardStorm although my account name does not show it.
Now for another thing -
Although young minded, immature, and usaully on the wrong side, I do not tend to be exactly "peaceful" or how ever try to be nice. It is not of my nature to not yell at someone, break a rule once or twice (intendley till I'm banned if the forums is bad) and learn in many ways. One thing I find mature - Furries, and what they are, what we stand for isn't about what we wear what we look like, or what we want to be, it's what we stand for. If we wanted to wear a fur suit with nothing on it and go to a party (of course... I'm not going there o.o) we could if we wanted to. It just matters on the way you think, not the way you look. I'm a genius that forgets often, so what? I have ADD as well. Just part of my character in life.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 08:27:40 PM »
This is to those who don't like hunting at all.

Would you rather see a constant increase of deer in your area every year? I surly wouldn't. Hunting helps prevent the car accidents that are because of all the deer.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
thankyou jesse, thats what i try to tell ppl at school, but they can't get past the whole killing aspect, to see that without us the deer pop would skyrocket and and soon all the food would be gone and they'd all die

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »
FINALLY someone gets it!!!!!!

Jeeze, it is SO HARD to get people to understand that

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »
They'll understand when they smash their cars into a whole family of deer and destroy their cars.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.