The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries are the best mates!  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Raccoomotion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon (Procyon Lotor)
  • Coloring: Classic Raccoon Coloring!
  • Height: 1,76 m
  • Weight: 83 Kilo
  • Build: Fat But nut very much!
Furries are the best mates!
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
What did you think?

I ask many people and they tell me the same what I learned. :-*
I Know many furs any many of them would be good mates, very good!
Fantastic mates! :bubbles:

But why is this so, I wouldn't say I don't like it I only want to know why.
And why are so many 'normals' seems to be bad mates!

I found some fur girls and fur boys there very lovely to me now! Snuggles and kisses became a common to me!

Did you also think that furs are the best mates?
And tell me why or why not please!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:18:02 AM by Raccoomotion »

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
Re: Fuffies are the best mates!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:18:03 PM »
hehe I totally agree. They are better at everything. lol      ;3
at parties,
cuddling,
General Chats,
in bed
hehe oh!  was that last one outloud? :P

....... :(

lol.
anyways, i wouldnt really know, since i never had a relationship with anyone, let alone a furry xD but i'd guess they're like any other partner.. the reason why furries like furries as partners more than others probably has a lot to do with compatibility, since both share the same lifestyle
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:37:24 AM by [D.E.M] zetsumei »

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:48:33 AM »
I think what makes furries good mates (Aside from the fact non furs typically call them BF/GF or Wives/husbands) is furries are a lot more open to different ideals, likes fetishes ect. Its easier to be yourself as a furry if your with a furry because you both understand what drives you. A lot of furries are very passionate about being one with animals, art and ect. Makes it easier to get closer and truly enjoy being together and life.

While furries can also be as closed minded in some aspects as anybody, when you find that right one you get to enjoy a relationship on a level far more open and tons deeper then the average relationship
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:50:08 AM by Tezztor »

Offline Tigerkitten23

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger-Wolf Hybrid
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:52:03 AM »
Furries are just naturally very cuddly (myself included)  :">

So yeah, I dont know why, I guess it could be linked to the fact that are nature is more fun-loving and playful, I mean, if I had to choose between hugging someone normal and hugging someone who liked to act like a kitty. I would totally glomp the kitty.  :snicker:

Offline sasuke2910

• Avid Aardvark
  • Yo, you should send me a message because I'm bored
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, like a normal fox
  • Height: 5' 7''
  • Weight: 100lbs.
  • Build: small and fast!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:42:48 AM »
well i've never really had a relation ship with a fur so i can't really say XD
...were you expecting something here?

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:33:30 AM »
Me neither. Would'nt mind (Would rather) having one, though. :D

Offline Nikolai

• Boisterous Bear
  • Smart Squirrel
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: Red, white
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:57 AM »
<=\

Yeah, most furries are cuddly, I think. But not all. I'd say that the only constant here, is that chances are your mate isn't going to be judgemental about you being a fur, if they are a fur themselves. However, I'd say everything else is up in the air...

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 02:44:23 AM »
Oh! you changed your avie Nikolai! I like it! But yea, I would rather have someone with the same lifestyle choices as me, so...

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 07:25:57 AM »
I agree completely with Tezztor. As furries many of us have grown acceptant not only of the lifestyle, but of things completed unrelated such as orientation, gender identity, odd personalities, etc.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »
I agree completely with Tezztor. As furries many of us have grown acceptant not only of the lifestyle, but of things completed unrelated such as orientation, gender identity, odd personalities, etc.

that is completely unrelated to furry in my eyes.. i mean, a huge amount of people are open to unrelated things like that, and they're not furries. and no doubt there are close-minded furries too.

i mean, i stand open for all kinds of things, but im not a furry, just to take a example.

the main reason why furries are more comfortable with furry partners is simply because, like i mentioned, they're more compatible because they share the same lifestyles.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Re: Furries are the best mates!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »
Haha, thats true I guess.
Hoomans make good mates also if their open-minded.
:'3

I am ubber Cuddley yet I bite alot.
+o__o+
I'm kinda violent too now that I think about it.
+<_<+
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 07:49:17 PM »
yes and no to a point. we do make very good mates, as long as you can find one that likes you in your area or you put th money into moving to the place where your ldr mate lives. you see the thing is, yes we are cuddly, yes we are very open minded and accepting, (to a point) and yes, we actualy do have standards. The thing is, some people just suck at relationships, I'm not naming any names , but there's this thing called attraction, and people tend to gravitate towards those who are like minded thinkers. THat is why for the most part, we seem to take more from relationships with other furs, other than those with "normal" people.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:57:30 PM by Jesse Shnuggleman »
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 08:20:51 AM »

that is completely unrelated to furry in my eyes.. i mean, a huge amount of people are open to unrelated things like that, and they're not furries. and no doubt there are close-minded furries too.

i mean, i stand open for all kinds of things, but im not a furry, just to take a example.

the main reason why furries are more comfortable with furry partners is simply because, like i mentioned, they're more compatible because they share the same lifestyles.
I can't argue with that. I retract my original statement.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 11:24:43 AM »
... <_<

.... >_>

*puts on big fake 'professor' glasses*

"AHEM" ^_^

It is my personal opinion that the vast majority of furries are partilly drawn to the fandom due to their feelings of secludedness in 'normal'(1) human society. Due to this many of us work very hard to find acceptence, through this we become more open to new ideas and feelings, mostly related to lifestyle and relationships. Through this we constantly build contact with others with slightly different opinions and personalities, picking up some new ideas as we go, increasing our social net of experiences. In addition to this we often will look for the good in someone interested in us, this is partially due to our intrest in building relationships and feeling accepted. Between our own growing acceptence of new ideas, and our willingness to look for the good in others, we inevitably find things we like in almost everyone(2). This is a key factor in a relationship, and our ability to generate it causes us to enjoy our relationships more. Unfortunatly due to our primarily meeting on the internet, such relationships are limited and end quickly. This does, however, add something to the longer running relationships, making them more personal and involved as time progresses. Finally there is the inherent playful nature that most(3) furries have, and this helps keep relationships from turning into a system of work, an unfortunate result of many non-fur(4) relationships.

(1): There is no real 'normal' in human society, but you should understand what is meant by the word.
(2): There are however some people who simply do not get along with others, or irritate even the most open minded.
(3): there are furries who are very dry and serious, I am refering to the fandom as a whole, and we are very much associated with fun and playful personalities.
(4): Many fur relationships have this fault as well, however, the ratio is much less when compaired to non-fur relationships.

<_<

>_>

*runs away*

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:36 PM »
(Claps for Professor Manual) :)