The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi New here  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Parsifal23

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: chocolate brown with white chest stripe
  • Height: 6"3'
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: heavy set and musculer
Hi New here
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:26:18 PM »
Hi, Name's Aaron I am 23 I live in Holland Michigan the Wolverine state ironically considering the fact that my Fursonia is a Wolverine. I am completely new to this whole community of Furry Fandom. Prior to finding this forum the only I information I had on The Furry Community was grossly exaggerated stereotypes usually made to mock Furries off of websites like Something Awful or Encyclopedia Dramatica. Or sensationalist or exploitive documentaries on Cable T.V. that either focused on the most extreme cases. Such as people who literally thought of themselves as animals trapped in a human’s body or tried to paint it as some sort of fetish or sexual perversion only. That was until I stumbled across and article online by L.J. Williamson that had appeared in The L.A. Alternative Press called My Life As A Furry which portrayed the community in an even handed if not down right sympathetic light. I then discovered The WikiFur and this brings me to the point where I started to create my Fursona in the article Williamson wrote that and I quote. “Rarely is anyone’s totem or “Personal Furry” anything that humans regard as unattractive. Foxes, wolves, cats and tigers greatly outnumber weasels, sloths, and baboons.” Which got me thinking what about the Weasel? Because in most books Weasels are portrayed as thugs as in The Wind and The Willows or cold blooded assassins as in Redwall with the character of Ferahgo the Assassin which got me thinking are there any positive representations or people that have actually chosen the Weasel? There are several I latter found out I looked to the wolverine because it is a creature that has many characteristics I would like to have such as resiliency, strength, and even bravery. I also feel that The Wolverine has gotten a bad rap much like the other weasels in society. So in conclusion I am willing to learn and look forward to dialoguing with people about this because this is all quite new and a little bit strange to me but I am willing to learn.
The Age of Reason Has No Need of Unicorns

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
Re: Hi New here
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum ^^
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
Welcome to the FF! :D
Hope you enjoy it here. :)
And that's probably one of the best introduction posts I've seen. You did well at explaining how you got to where you are (here!).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Parsifal23

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: chocolate brown with white chest stripe
  • Height: 6"3'
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: heavy set and musculer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »
Welcome to the FF! :D
Hope you enjoy it here. :)
And that's probably one of the best introduction posts I've seen. You did well at explaining how you got to where you are (here!).

Thanks  ^_^V
The Age of Reason Has No Need of Unicorns

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »
Your welcome. =]

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »
3 things
1. Nice introduction post, I can't compete
2. Resident Ordo Malleus Adeptus Astartes AKA Grey Knight here, not technially an 'animal or personal furry' but eh, I pretend i'm some sort of Lynx under the armor
3. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay and cookies

Offline Dan Witty

• Boisterous Bear
  • ^ Witty by hand ^
    • Awards
  • Species: Moose
  • Coloring: Light brown with dark brown patches, lime eyes
  • Build: Scrappy
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:51:01 AM »
Hey there, I'm Witty, and I echo the 'awesomest intro post' parade. You win. Welcome! I also wonder why the weasel got it's bad rap... Just like snakes. I lurve snakes.
moosey fate... say moosey fate!