The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Natal  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Natal
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-lionhead-milo/50015?type=flv

A new dawn for the RPG? Remember, though this is Molyneaux talking, it's Microsoft technology and a Microsoft presentation. They would never let him say things that they could never deliver.

"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
Re: Natal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
well, after the presentation selected members of the media were invited to test the Milo simulation themselves (i followed the whole event live) so i'm keeping a look-out of the experiences of those people.

what they showed was REALLY impressive though..

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:20 AM »
I saw this earlier on the X-Box website...

this looks unbelievable!!

Here's another related vid for it

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
Sony has that motion controller and their Eye which was announced last year, but if this lives up to the promises, i think it could beat both at certain games. The motion controller could be very good for an FPS though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-playstation-3/50276?type=flv
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-playstation-3/50277

Post Merge: June 04, 2009, 03:26:57 PM
Sony has that motion controller and their Eye which was announced last year, but if this lives up to the promises, i think it could beat both at certain games. The motion controller could be very good for an FPS though.

Playstation Eye
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/new-eyepet-video-gameplay/257650

motion controller
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-playstation-3/50276?type=flv
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-playstation-3/50277
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:26:57 PM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
Did you see what they showed at E-3 for Natal
it's sick
good for sports games, possibly shooters/ rpgs/ etc.
and just cause the maker of Fable is talkin about it doesnt mean it's strictly a rpg playing powerhouse

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:56:37 AM »
I dont think it would work for shooters. you need buttons for shooters. They could have a peripheral like the Wii Zapper. Some sports games wouldnt work either. I'm not sure how a game with a lot of running would pan out, and you cant play rugby either.  Some fighting games would work, boxing games would be perfect. But I do think it works best in story focused games or interactive physics games.

Also I dont see Molyneaux as just Fable. I see him as the guy behind Bullfrog. That's where he masterminded his best work.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 02:00:49 AM »
well at the E3 showing, they had people playing soccer, scanning a skateboard in then doing the associated motions, a shooter would probably work with you pretending to actually hold the weapon and the game would recognize the motions of the body to go along with that, the runing game would probably have the player running in place, as for rugby, i have no clue

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »
I was going to start a topic on this but you beat me to it!  Yeah.  It's almost scary how fast technology is advancing now.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
well at the E3 showing, they had people playing soccer, scanning a skateboard in then doing the associated motions, a shooter would probably work with you pretending to actually hold the weapon and the game would recognize the motions of the body to go along with that, the runing game would probably have the player running in place, as for rugby, i have no clue

I guess soccer would work, but skating really requires the physicality of a skateboard or else you're really just kinda flailing. As for shooters, how would it know that you want to shoot? It can probably track fingertips but it could so easily miss the movement of a finger pulling a trigger. You need buttons.

I think my main problem is that this could so easily turn into another Wii, where gimmicks and forced functionality come into play. It's an impressive piece of tech, we just need to see whether it can be used properly in a full game.