The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What Would you do if Zombies invaded the Earth!?  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: MH-53M Pave-Low IV helicopter
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 36 feet
  • Weight: 16 Tons
  • Build: Large and Bulky
Re: What Would you do if Zombies invaded the Earth!?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 11:14:14 PM »
I would very quickly die because I would refuse to take the zombies seriously, as it violates several laws of biology. If the person is brain dead how can it come back at all? And if it does why would it come back with only certain instinctual methods of thinking? Further more, the zombie would have to deal with the inherent problems of attempting to come back to life, namely that something killed that person and it doesn't apply to all cases, but many would prohibit the operation of a zombie in any real way. Also food and water are another thing, unless zombies drink (which I have never seen them doing), they would die of dehydration very quickly, and if they can survive only on human flesh how long before there aren't enough humans to feed the zombies? Do they just die or turn on each other? Either way a week or two of isolation would destroy any large population of zombies. And since when is it that only a head shot will kill them? Lop off a limb and heavy blood loss will incur and will quickly result in death, I don't care if you're a zombie or not. No blood = no muscles, brain or anything = dead.

So, yeah, I would be dragged down into the hordes screaming, "THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 11:17:07 PM »
I would very quickly die because I would refuse to take the zombies seriously, as it violates several laws of biology. If the person is brain dead how can it come back at all? And if it does why would it come back with only certain instinctual methods of thinking? Further more, the zombie would have to deal with the inherent problems of attempting to come back to life, namely that something killed that person and it doesn't apply to all cases, but many would prohibit the operation of a zombie in any real way. Also food and water are another thing, unless zombies drink (which I have never seen them doing), they would die of dehydration very quickly, and if they can survive only on human flesh how long before there aren't enough humans to feed the zombies? Do they just die or turn on each other? Either way a week or two of isolation would destroy any large population of zombies. And since when is it that only a head shot will kill them? Lop off a limb and heavy blood loss will incur and will quickly result in death, I don't care if you're a zombie or not. No blood = no muscles, brain or anything = dead.

So, yeah, I would be dragged down into the hordes screaming, "THIS IS BIOLOGICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!"

actually i believe zombies are merely corpses, infected with a parasite that controls the nerves and a few brain functions, since the body of the zombie isnt really alive, it doesnt need to feed, the parasite feeds on the human's brain, which is also cause for the zombie to 'die' when shot in the head
the parasite is killed and the zombie goes with it

as for what i'd do
for both types of zombies i'd get a motor home
armor it up with bullet proof glass and riot shields, pack all my belongings then drive 'round the country pickin up a few survivors as I go scavenging what we could
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:51:06 AM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
IIf the person is brain dead how can it come back at all? And if it does why would it come back with only certain instinctual methods of thinking? Further more, the zombie would have to deal with the inherent problems of attempting to come back to life, namely that something killed that person and it doesn't apply to all cases, but many would prohibit the operation of a zombie in any real way.

The first resident evil movie made a very good explanation of the T-Virus, the 'corpses' that were supposedly dead get revived on a cellular level, and only have a life span of four months before falling back down again. The virus only reactivates the instinct to feed, which is why they feed on flesh, even though it does nothing for them... so it is possible for them to eat eachother.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
IIf the person is brain dead how can it come back at all? And if it does why would it come back with only certain instinctual methods of thinking? Further more, the zombie would have to deal with the inherent problems of attempting to come back to life, namely that something killed that person and it doesn't apply to all cases, but many would prohibit the operation of a zombie in any real way.

The first resident evil movie made a very good explanation of the T-Virus, the 'corpses' that were supposedly dead get revived on a cellular level, and only have a life span of four months before falling back down again. The virus only reactivates the instinct to feed, which is why they feed on flesh, even though it does nothing for them... so it is possible for them to eat eachother.
Well, four months is still a very long time to stay active without energy, plus the energy to reactive them in the first place (and some sort method for doing it).

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
do you even care that i provided a reasonable reason why zombies need no food/drink and die from headshots?

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 09:41:02 PM »
What about Half Life zombies?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 01:38:42 AM »
real zombies
Half Life zombies arent really dead

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 01:44:50 AM »
do you even care that i provided a reasonable reason why zombies need no food/drink and die from headshots?
Yesh, sorry. And yes I do care, I'm honestly not quite sure why I didn't respond to you, but anyway being "really alive" doesn't matter. You need energy (e.g. food and drink) to do anything regardless of your 'aliveness'. Other thatn that your theory is fine.

real zombies
Half Life zombies arent really dead
Arrgh. I hate it when people say "not really alive" or "not really dead", WHAT DO YOU MEAN? PLEASE EXPLAIN.

And like I said before, a zombie would have to get over that cause of death in the first place, which is usually pretty hard because whatever killed the guy disrupted his operation to the breaking point, so why would the zombie still work? Stabbed in the heart? That means no blood, and no blood means no muscles; that zombie is going nowhere. Liver disease? No more liver, and it's the organ that keeps toxins out of the blood, the kind of toxins that make muscles not work. Brain cancer (though if it is kept alive then it will continue to spread to more vulnerable areas and, again, disrupt operation) and suffocation are two causes of death that could be easily swept under the rug in the case of Zombieism (obviously ignoring the other problems with Zombies). Really, it breaks down to the fact that if it killed the guy that means his body stopped working, and there's few reasons why is should start up again if zombiefied.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »
this is a discussion about what you would do in a zombie invasion
not a discussion on weather or not how logically impossible it is

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 04:12:12 AM »
>.> You asked me to provide a rebuttal to your theory.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 05:13:09 AM »
>.> You asked me to provide a rebuttal to your theory.
but the original aim of this topic is to talk about what you would do if it happened,

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 05:35:26 AM »
ANYWAY! For me, I would use my dad's modifed Colt .45s and my 8-gauge shotgun along with making some homemade grenades that I know how to make a large quantities of everybody's favorite flaming goo, NAPALM! Climb the stairs, destroy 'em and wait it out.

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 05:40:36 AM »
Has anyone here read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks? It has EVERYTHING you need in there to survive and overcome a zombie invasion.
Here are some useful tips.

Anyone can shoot a gun...but not everyone shoots one properly.

Crowbars are your friends. They break things open, including skulls. They will NEVER break in half or dent like baseball bats.

Light pistols and semi automatic rifles. Nothing more nothing less. Heavy machine guns or machine guns in general are inaccurate and are very unlikely to get a lot of head shots, wasting ammo really doesn't help your cause...ALSO they're heavy in case you didn't know.

If your friend(s) is/are bit. Kill him/her, no exceptions. If you got any people who are out of shape, "fat", or cowboys then lose the extra baggage. They will eventually get you killed. Cowboys like to believe that being awesome is enough to stop the living dead. Think again.

Bullet proof VESTS are good in a gun fight. Not so good in a fight with zombies. Shark suits are best for defense against bites from he undead. They're lightweight, not impossible to move in, and it covers your whole body.

Napalm/flamethrowers/grenades are USELESS. Shrapnel and flaming zombies running around can be a fire hazard.  Shrapnel is usually exploded outwards, not up to the head of a zombie. It wont kill them, don't waste your time.

Thats enough from me for now. That should get you all started no matter what type of zombies you encounter. Until next time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:45:19 AM by Spike Vicious »

Offline AirRaiser

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • It's AR for short
    • Peanutbutter & Sandwhich
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline Gargoyle
  • Coloring: Black with white streaks
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Femine
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
Humm well considering I already know what I'm doing, yes I literally have a plan. First off screw guns, and anything that takes ammo. Keep in mind ammo means you have to carry it, and it could run out at anytime. I have read the Zombie Survival Guide, I own a copy. I also know someone who read it then made some changes to it. His nick name is Neff.

In the year 2012 the world is supposed to end. Now weather or not Zombies will come of it, is only one thing that could happen. Me, I'll be grabbing the only weapon you need. A crow bar. Best weapon of all. It can crush a skull, break open anything and is light enough to be carried around. Now I've heard people around me say they will go to a mall, or a hotel cause it's big. Well seeing as that's where EVERYONE WILL GO, I will head towards Neff. He has a compound with underground passages, chemicals that can damage a human body, and only one entrance that can be blocked off and secured.

I can't really say what anyone else should do, that's up to you. But here are things you should know. Learn how humans react to stressful situations, knowing what they do and how they act will save you a lot of trouble. In a zombie attack situation, DO NOT GO TO LOCAL HARDWARE STORES, WALMART OR ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO FOR SUPPLIES! Why? Everyone in driving distance will go there, and no most humans will NOT help you. If you live in a really cold climate, your pretty much all set. Zombies might be the walking dead, but their bodies still applies to the laws of nature. Freeze a corps, shoot it or destroy it somehow, it's not going to put itself back together. Remember dead bodies don't heal.

Keep your head, use your instincts to survive, and wait till winter held up in a safe location. And you will live.

I babble a lot when I haven't slept for a bit.

::::
Commissions are OPEN
::::

"I do not conform to popular stupidity"
"TURBO FAT" - Shoebox

Offline Vamp

• Off-The-Wall Guy
  • Foxy Fox
  • It's meh!
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black feathers, green eyes
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
Spike, I have to disagree on the napalm thing. when napalm is made, the thickening agent takes on acidic properties that make it melt through flesh easier, I f a zombie is covered in military grade napalm and lit, they will be incinerated in a matter of seconds, also I would plan to make a Napalm perimeter around my stronhold which would cause a flaming ring of protection and zombie incinerating fire.

Pet's name: Sion
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
"I used to be a freak, now I'm a freak with a camera."

"If I had a dime for every time I made sense, I'd be broke"

My Steam  : Vamp Altum