The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: any one here home sick? :(  (Read 602 times)

Offline Buddy

• The Culinary Kitsune
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Eldrivarian
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Height: 2 feet!
  • Weight: Rood, but he is pretty dense for a little guy
  • Build: Gooey
  • Currently: In awe seeing this old place still around after so long
any one here home sick? :(
« on: October 17, 2009, 04:58:56 AM »
greetings and salutations. i am really homesick. i lived my entire life in newport, rhode island, and next thing i know. my mother drags us all down to amarillo, texas. i lived there for five years, spent one homeless, and then moved up to laverne, oklahoma with my grandfather and have been living here for three months. even though it has been roughly six years, i have never been able to adjust. i lived near the ocean for 16 years, and next thing i know, i am dragged to these completely land locked states. laverne is nice, but its 40 miles to the nearest wal-mart :o. i really miss the ocean, the cry of the seagulls, and the smell of the fresh ocean spray. idream about it some times. im just standing there, watching the waves come in and wash out. i would love to go back, but have autism and cannot really live on my own. i am a rare case, so im a little smarter than most autistic people, but not by a terrible lot. i sometimes have trouble understanding other peoples feelings. i really do appriciate everything my grand parents are doing for me, but im so homesick. :'( i really apriciate you guys listining, and would love to hear some replies. its nice to vent some times, its like lifting a great weight off my chest. long days and pleasant nights.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Re: any one here home sick? :(
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »
greetings and salutations. i am really homesick. i lived my entire life in newport, rhode island, and next thing i know. my mother drags us all down to amarillo, texas. i lived there for five years, spent one homeless, and then moved up to laverne, oklahoma with my grandfather and have been living here for three months. even though it has been roughly six years, i have never been able to adjust. i lived near the ocean for 16 years, and next thing i know, i am dragged to these completely land locked states. laverne is nice, but its 40 miles to the nearest wal-mart :o. i really miss the ocean, the cry of the seagulls, and the smell of the fresh ocean spray. idream about it some times. im just standing there, watching the waves come in and wash out. i would love to go back, but have autism and cannot really live on my own. i am a rare case, so im a little smarter than most autistic people, but not by a terrible lot. i sometimes have trouble understanding other peoples feelings. i really do appriciate everything my grand parents are doing for me, but im so homesick. :'( i really apriciate you guys listining, and would love to hear some replies. its nice to vent some times, its like lifting a great weight off my chest. long days and pleasant nights.

I have Autism as well, a very mild version of it although when I was younger it was quiet terrible.
Well maybe you can talk to your grandparents about visiting Newport for holidays or such, being sure to express how you truely miss your hometown and it troubles you so.

Btw, Autism doesn't mean your not smart. In means your very smart and intelligent, but you have to be able to find your own way in expressing it. :P
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Buddy

• The Culinary Kitsune
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:29:01 PM »
greetings and salutations. thank you for the encouraging words ikero-chu, i have never actually met anyone else with autism before, hence the the way that i put it. i really apprieciate you posting a reply, it was very helpful. long days and pleasant nights.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:47:26 AM »
Heh... since you brought the topic up, not too long ago I experienced home-sickness that was triggered by scent/taste. I went to a road-house to eat a steak dinner and while waiting, they brought out yeast-rolls. I bit into one and that triggered it since I used to eat them quite often when I was home.

Offline Buddy

• The Culinary Kitsune
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 04:53:51 AM »
yeah, i know what you mean. i had some pretty good salt water taffy that reminded me of home.