The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Troubling Dreams.  (Read 522 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Troubling Dreams.
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:34:06 PM »
I've seen people post things like this, but.. I really need some help with this. I usually never dream because I don't much sleep, but when I do sleep, I have these really horribly vivid dreams. They're scary because they are so real.. I can feel every sensation and they are more real than anything I've felt recently. I'm not sure what on earth they could mean, but I figure I'll share because maybe it will result in something beneficial. I'm not sure. I need my mind put at ease.

This is from a journal I posted last month..

"For an extensive amount of time, I've been having troubling dreams. I've had them for so long now, I don't know how long I've had them, but I'd guesstimate it's been somewhere between eight months to a year. Whenever I can and do dream.. It's about my teeth, and I can never understand it. At all. The dreams are frightening. More like nightmares, but one of those intriguing ones that holds your morbid interest. I feel scared during the dreams, and at one point in time my teeth get ripped out. Now, when I say ripped out, I mean ripped out as violently as possible. My mouth is always bloody, and my teeth are gone. They almost always smashed into pieces and I spit them out or pieces of them out. There's a vivid pain that'll shoot through me until the adrenaline makes it go numb. If I don't spit them out, I find them, bloodied in my hands or pockets with the roots broken off as if someone broke them out of my mouth and the roots are still there. I never know how they get ripped out, but it always feels so real.. I can taste the blood. When I wake, I still have that metallic taste in my mouth, and sometimes I'll still think my teeth are gone until I'm fully awake. Anyone got any ideas on what any of this could mean? :/ "

Now, to expand a bit on this, the roots are usually still in my mouth. And when I describe these things, it may seem vague, but I can feel everything down to the pulse in my sockets from the pain of the removal of the teeth. They DO NOT FALL OUT. They are specifically battered or removed by something or someone else.

Now, this month, it's as if my mind may be fixated on something else.. I wrote this journal out a moment ago:
"So, I still keep having these vividly violent dreams. Last night and earlier today was more strange because this time it didn't have the teeth thing going on. Instead, it was half of my face being gone. Like.. The skin was gone, and it looked as if it had been eaten off from my nose and under my eyes down. It was painful, so painful.. And so real. Real to the point that I could feel the air stinging my bare muscles because there was no skin to protect them, I could feel that warm, wet feeling when I reached up to touch where the skin was gone and the pain the followed from touching it. I kept asking people for help, and no one would listen, no matter what I did.. It was so hopeless, I began to cry, which hurt more because of the salty tears. I couldn't even figure out who did it. I had literally woken up in the dream on the street with just a pillow. I figured out my face was gone when my pillow was stuck to my face. When I pulled it off, it hurt so badly, and there was clotted and wet blood on the pillow, which told me I'd been laying there for a while.

I can't remember what else went on, I just remember the pain and no one listening to me. I also remember that eventually in the end, I had a flash back or something and I saw myself with a knife slicing the layers of skin away like my face was a potato or something and I was supposed to "peel" it. I wish I didn't have such horrifyingly painful dreams. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so real. They always wake me with a start."

Anyone want to take a crack on any advice as far as what they could mean.. Or how to get them to stop? I'd really like to sleep.

Offline Death Voices

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5"9'
  • Weight: 156lbs
  • Build: Average
Re: Troubling Dreams.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »
Oh man.

I'm gonna guess here and say that you might be worried that when it comes down to the times where you need it the most, people won't reach out their hand and help you. As far as the teeth and missing skin goes, it might be the fear of living through painful and disfiguring experiences, though I can't really say for sure what sparked that off.
Maybe if you find someone you trust and you can really rely on, then maybe the nightmares will stop. Other than that, I'm not sure on what else to say.
I feel useless. D:

This might seem a little off-topic, but are you a fan of films like Saw, by any chance?

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
Maybe you hate yourself, maybe you think you're ugly, or that you've been hurt in the past, and that no matter how messed up you become, nobody's gonna help you out.

Seems like that to me.

Either way, i aint got much to say that can help, other than proffessional help and the unending ability of the human mind to persevere through the darkest of times, even when they themselves dont want to go on.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »
I think I'm more bothered with how real they are. I mean, I'm numb most of the time, but in these dreams I can feel and it makes them all the more real in terms of me.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
Well that's the problem, you see. You're numb because of whatever issues you may have. They are affecting you in a very real way, and your mind is expressing that any way it can.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
Well, we can never interpret dreams literally.
Theres always a hidden message behind them.

I agree with Death Voices' and AsiaBunny's explanation of what these dreams might mean and be telling you about yourself.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode