The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galaxy in Flames  (Read 25436 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Galaxy in Flames
« Reply #225 on: December 09, 2009, 05:37:59 PM »
Chrono hoped that she probably didn't realize about the offer he made, and stood up on his own and watched the creatures fly by the ship. "Um, how much is it going to cost to stay on the ship with you after the job is done?" he asked with a quivering tone as well as trying to avoid eye-contact.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #226 on: December 09, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
"You... want to stay here? With me?" She asked, as she eased up on the throttle. "You're crazy.... That means you'll be under my command, and Whoever hates me, learns to hate you... You can deal with that?" She asked. Blaire turned the chair and faced him.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2009, 08:06:55 PM »
"HAHAHA! Yes!"  Entaru cheered as Carnage 1 collided with the Ellan.

Then the beam cannon skimmed the Cask's bow.

"Boss!  Shields are out and bow integrity is at 80%"

"Blast it! Someone take out that beam cannon!  It starting to scratch the paint!"

~Sorry sir! We've had no orders otherwise.~

"Forget it then!  I'll do it!  Ms. Zettergren, bring up manual control of Gauss turret 5."

"Yes boss!"

Entaru's chair sank below the deck as manual control was brought online.  Entaru was a fair shot.  He spent a lot of time practicing on floating space junk during long trips.  Most of his targets were the size of trash cans, but he had been known to take out smaller targets.

Hitting the beam cannon would be a cake walk.

Entaru zoomed in with his target reticule, aimed down the barrel of the beam cannon, and let loose a firestorm of Gauss rounds "downrange".

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2009, 09:02:43 PM »
"Sir, one of the beam cannons is under fire, it's just gone inoperable," Mika said, adding, "We still have one forward beam cannon still charging and the aft cannon is ready."
"Get The point defence guns to take out theirs. If you can hit their bridge, then do it. Let's see how they like getting shot in the face," the captain said, sitting back in his chair and the anti-fighter lasers tore into the Cask's various weaponry. "How are their shields?
"Down sir," Mika replied.
"Turn Ellan, get that aft beam cannon on the Cask. Concentrate fire on them, tear them up before they can repair," the captain ordered
"Yes sir." The Ellan slowly turned by the force of its thrusters, aiming the beam cannon their way, before building groan of its power rippled through the ship and they let loose a beam of light.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #229 on: December 09, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »
An explosion rocked the ship as the beam cannon hit the Cask.  Tiny figures could be seen getting sucked out of the new hole on the side of the ship.

"Status report! What the hell happened!?"  Entaru shouted from below his crew's feet

"We've lost the mess hall and kitchen.  Section was sealed off before impact."

"Mess hall?"  That was almost right next to the bridge.  They were gunning for him.

"That's not all boss!  We've lost turbolasers 2 and 3, and Gauss turret 1"

"What about Charnel?"

"Only dinged boss!  It'll be ready in 5 seconds!"

"Good! Fire at their life support!  I'll deal with the other guns."  Taking out the life support would most likely mean that the Indomitable's boarding party would have to rely on their suits to keep them alive. 

Oh well, no progress without risk.

Entaru moved his sights towards the aft beam cannon and opened up again.

And Charnel fired once more.  It's new target...Ellan's life support. 

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2009, 09:49:07 PM »
several ships burst into view, flashes of blue streaking around them as they fell out of jumpspace..... the sillhuette of 6 pulsar platforms came into view... 'one shot engine' turrets sharing a linked AI... the sillhuette of a DF corvette behind them.....

{open channels}

"Captain of the Ellan calls in the cavalry... thats a first...."

"Cut the chatter boys.. .they looks like their in deep frack down there..."

"Pulsar platforms 1 through 6.... pick your targets and open fire..."

{pulsar platforms}
"we acknowledge attack procedure, pulsar cannons firing..."

{end comms}

all the turrets of the pulsar platforms, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 all swivveled slowly to face the Cask.... a low humming built up before they all unleashed their pulsar beams.... searing blue light flickered as multiple beams jumped the distance between the ships, each platform firing, before charging its weapon to fire again while the other fired, in this way they kept up a steady strobing of pulsars....

{closed hip comms}

"Be ready to recieve incoming fire... charge the defence feild and hit the button when i say..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »
The gauss round tore into the Ellan, obliterating the life support systems, spraying water out into space, venting compressed air violently as a jet. If the thrusters weren't keeping the Ellan steady, the force of the attack would have sent the frigate spinning away.
"Sir, life support's down," said Kimchi. "Not a major problem since almost everyone's in their EVA suits and those that aren't, will be in time. I suggest we do the same." She stood up and walked over to the EVA suit storage cupboard, opening it up and handing each to everyone as Mika fired incessently at the Cask. Once she sat down again, she saw the sensors indicating the new arrivals. "Captain, I think we've done it. Reinforcements have arrived." She beamed a smile to her captain, growing into laughter spreading to all three of them.
"Send them a message of congratulation. This is the only time they'll see me in trouble," the captain said. "Just remember, this fight isnt over. What's happening with that boarding party?"

Just as the mouse began to check, the room went dark, before returning dim, emergency lighting only.
"Sir, our power generators have been damaged. Emergency power only," she said.
"Mika careful with those lasers. Shoot only when you have a good chance of success," said the captain.
"Sir," Mika replied, "The remaining forward beam cannon is ready, but it'll drain quite a bit of power."
"Can you hit their bridge?"
"I can try, but targeting is fuzzy. It'll probably just hit the body."
"Go for it."

The hum of the beam cannon was slow, laborious but grew steadily, larger and louder, until it finally let loose its beam
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2009, 12:22:43 AM »
Chrono looked at her and nodded. "What remains of my ship is getting farther and farther away, and since i'm already in danger for being a royal Reaver, being under an assassin couldn't make my situation that much worse... and to be honest, I kinda like being not alone with only a non-biotic voice for company..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »
"ha!" She laughed. "Easy is far from what your life will be on this ship... Especially under the command of Me, or Assassin as you put it." She smiled and turned back to the steering handle. She pushed forward and looked back at Chrono. "Care to try it out? I'm sure you could get some enjoyment out of it..."

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2009, 01:51:19 AM »
'Tango' As he was called by his masters scouted out the local area. Nothing of any real worth.... except an abondended facility. His creators said it was the site of where some mad Eph'Tan scientists used their kidnapped victims to try and perfect immortality. It worked... but it drove the victims insane and turned them into slavering animal like beasts.
A suitable trap. all he had to do was wait for the one to walk in it.

Walking up to a swampy pool, Tango placed a hand in the water, instantly his armor took the color of the swampy water and he submerged himself.
No radar would detect him, for he gave off no signature, and no thermal presence was given off either.

He would be the ghost in the mist.

(back on the Fires)

"GO!" yelled Jameson as the door was breached and he and Sarah hurled two grenades. To their surprise there was no one there. That was until they looked upwards and saw the waiting E.V.A. troopers.
The humans didn't hesitate to open fire, cutting a few E.V.A. down, as the rest of them fired up their jetpacks and fired back. From outside in space, the firefight would be only flashes.

"Martha... take out TAK 3's leader" said Gab
She didn't even need to respond, she was on Gore's tail and hammering with laser shots from behind. When Zev was close enough to Shock, he pulled up, dodging her craft as she probably hit the escape pod.
"The classic kamikaze maneuver... not a very good move if done incorrectly..."

"CAPTAIN ENEMY REINFORCEMENTS"

"Again... those Eph'tan are only fueling the funeral pyres... fires the guass cannons at the lead ship... it seems to be co-coordinating the others..."
The resounding thumps from inside the ship meant that the shots were fired, however when they reached a certain distance of the lead ship and her platforms, a massive shield flared and remained.
"Some powerful shield.... but a shield like that eats power very quickly...."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:54:44 AM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »
Chrono nodded and walked up to the steering wheel, waiting for Blaire to get out of the seat. "What makes you think I had it easy being a bounty hunter, I usually got the suicidal rookie jobs, and that made me into a seasoned veteran in two years. The Eph'tan are still searching for the EVA suit I pilfered from one of their commanders, and its the best armor i've ever had, or probably will have." he said with a rather cocky grin.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2009, 02:39:32 AM »
"Trust me, you will be assisting me in even the most stressful and emotional jobs. I've kill a max of 7 children because they were threats to the mission at the time." She got out of the seat. "Sit, It's not like you're P.O.S this has a lot more speed to it."

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2009, 03:44:20 AM »
"Shock! What's your status?" Asia called.
"I'm down sir. Gonna need a pickup. The navi-system ain't taking me to the Ellan, I guess the frigate's too damaged." Her voice was hoarse and breathy, coming down off the wave of adrenaline.
"If the worst happens, then-"
Shock interrupted, "I know the drill, sir."

Ragged piped into the comms. "I'll take out the one Shock missed."
"Alpha 3," Strike said.
"Whatever," the rabbit replied before veering off from Lisa, letting the Harpoons do their work chasing her down as Strike laid into her with his Maxim Cannon, tearing great chunks out of her.

TAK 3 cheered as Delta were being torn apart by TAK 2 as well as his own attention. Gore started to take hits, causing TAK 2 to swerve slipping past Delta, curving round send another barrage Martha's way. The Harpoon's extremely quick lock-on did it's job, sending the highly advanced navigational system of the missile to chase Martha down.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
Tak 3 assumed Delta was finished, but their interceptors were of a hardy stock, and they returned to the battle, still running at full capacity, however visible flames appeared on their wings.

"I'm pulling off"
"Roger that Lisa return to the frigate.. hit your flak"
The 'Flak' as it was called within the navy, was a counter measure that threw lots of metal shreds and parts behind the fighter, which hopefully prematurely detonated missiles. However as it wasnt 100 % reliable, Lisa punched her afterburners and sped for the frigate.

Colin looked behind him and was surprised to see all the missiles on his tail. He checked his HUD's status and found he was suffering from insomnia, when he thought he dodged every missile, he just kept running from them, the man was still lucky to be alive at all.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:53:50 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »
"I've already had to attend 'funeral' burnings where captured humans and Eph'tan soliders, along with any women or children brought with them, were burned simply because they were the last ones alive when they surrendered. Guess who had to start the fire for the two most massive burnings in my father's reign?" Chrono said before getting in the seat and without trying to see how different her ship is from his, he pushed it into full-throttle.

He blacked out for two seconds, during which the ship was in a constant spin, before waking up and pulling back. "Well, that was interesting..."