The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Galaxy in Flames  (Read 24877 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Galaxy in Flames
« Reply #285 on: December 14, 2009, 03:35:18 AM »
the captain frowned,  staring at the screen.
"Kimmy, is this normal?" he asked. The mouse stood up off the bed and went to his side, perplexed and intrigued by the humans' behaviour.
"This isn't normal at all," she said. "Normal human behaviour is to demonise their enemy, to villify. It makes it far easier for their soldiers to kill. A funeral for an enemy is incredibly rare, no matter how brave that enemy may be."
"So this is a trick?" asked Shock.
"Maybe, maybe not. Although it's rare to see this much respect from a human, it's not unheard of."
"So we be careful," the captain said. Kimchi nodded in agreement.

The Eph'tan in other cells murmured in confusion, some accepting it at face value, others ranting of the lies of such base creatures, using the dead just for some hideous ruse.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2009, 03:41:35 AM »
The Eph'tan are correct, at least about most of the doctrines most Fleet Admirals impose on their troops,
but not Amestein, he may hate the Eph'Tan, but not enough to slander their good names and traditions. He was a believer in the time honored traditions, some that the other Fleet Admirals and the other humans forgot to apply to Non-Humans.

After all the Eph'Tan helped bring massive advances in technology, but everyone seems to have forgotten that. The previous exchange of technology was quick and short lived, but prosperous for humans. Thrid World planets were given a second chance because of the Eph'Tan's knowledge.

The neutral space was an example of this, but now it's a graveyard filled with ship hulks of both human and reaver ships.
The burned out husk of a human frigate drifted idly by and gained speed and headed towards the already troubled planet.

"GIVE US OUR FOOD BACK!" chanted the angry non human crowd as bullets flew to greet them, but they began to hush as they watched the burning hulk descend into another quarter of the city.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »
The R-20 'flyboys' that had been captured sat in their cell, one had a pack of 'version'  cards and a few where taking part halfheartedly..
"you know when the home'l be returning?"
"never... w're stuck her aint we?"
"nah we're not... dun say stuff like that.. we're gonna be fine right... just dont aggroavet the baldiers.. n' were gonna be fine... we're neutral shipping aint we?"
"yeah... but i hope they know that.."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
Entaru woke up in the MedBay aboard the Impenetrable.  He looked about in slight surprise at his surroundings and stood up off the medtable.  His suit hadn't been taken off, but parts of it were missing from where the doctors had to remove it to help stabilize him further.  His arm was in a cast and his bald head was bandaged up. Tightly.  Far too tightly.  Now that he thought about it, the cast was a bit itchy too.

"It figures..."

None of the doctors were around, so the medbay was quiet beside the beeping equipment and Entaru's footsteps as he left the medbay, wondering what the hell he was supposed to do now that...

"No!"  Entaru stopped midstep having just realized what had happened.  "Not my baby!  No!"  Entaru sobbed once then grew angry.

"Those flea-bitten mongrels killed my baby!  They killed my SHIP!!!!  THEY'RE GONNA PAY WITH THEIR HIDES FOR THIS!!!!"

Entaru stomped angrily down the corridors of the Impenetrable.   Entaru was on the warpath now.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2009, 12:57:12 AM »
"You don't think I haven't tried? Your nano's didn't fix it, My nano's can't. It's a permanent wound that has a strong emotion and story behind it." She traced it with her fingers as she thought about it. "Anyway, We need to stop and get supplies." She smiled and pointed to the space station in the distance. "We're stopping here... I will make sure we get to our destination on time."
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
"Although I'm assuming you expect me to get the supplies, I wish you resolve that emtional constriction on that scar, although you look great with it... makes you seem stronger" he added with a chuckle before putting on everything but the helmet of his EVA armor and heading towards the end of the ship to get whatever she needed.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2009, 02:20:51 AM »
She shook her head and smirked. She went to her room and changed her pants to a pair of short shorts. She put the holsters back on and put the guns in them. "Don't think I won't be helping." She jogged past him and walked across the bridge that connected the ship and the station. She entered a code and entered the station.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2009, 02:24:48 AM »
Chrono followed her out, and whispers of 'bodyguard' and 'outlaws' could be heard, even though they seemed to at least attempt discretion. "Well, I'm attracting alot of unwanted attention... how much are you getting?" he whispered to Blaire, while keeping his bolter in hand.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2009, 02:28:19 AM »
"They wont touch you. Trust me, I am the only thing you need to worry about on this Station." She gave a quick look at the neighboring conversing people. They quickly dispersed and took their separate ways. "I just need a couple of things. Don't worry about how much or what I'm getting."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
"Hey!? when we gettin food!? we're starvin in 'ere..."
One of the flyboys was slamming a paw against the side of the cell, leaning out of the cell as far as he could against the elctrofence....
"no point shoutin... no ones comin... they dont care nought if we're hungry or not..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:17 PM »
Mika lifted his head from his arms, "So, we got a plan to get out of here?"
"Nope." The captain turned to him and Kimchi turned to the captain.
"What, really?" she asked.
"Yup," he replied.
"So we just... sit here?" The captain brought his arm around her, holding her close.
"Just keep your head down, do as they ask and stay safe," he said.
"OK," she replied as she held onto him. Mika put his head back down and slightly shook.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Chrono followed her through the station until they reached one of the supply stores, he then sat at a nearby bench and 'stood guard' while waiting for Blaire to finish shopping.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »
Tango was suitably bored
"They should've been here by now, even for reavers with their slower mental functions" he said, muttering to himself.
Then he had an idea. Opening the file his masters sent him about their contact, aka 'The Military Guy' Tango used the sophisticated systems integrated within him, to modulate the man's voice, connecting with the communications satellite closer to their location, he sent the call.

"May day May Day unknown hostiles are attacking I repeat mayday! I'm on world and i'm transmitting co-ordinates, anyone and please anyone respond!" He said, with Military Man's voice.

After triangulating his position, and transmitting the co-ordinates into space, he went to a sizable pool and resumed the form of swampy water and camouflaged perfectly with the swampy landscape, undetectable, not even with Eph'Tan sensors.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
Blaire walked through the door of one of the shops. "I need three boxes of the gallon waters. And I need about 7 boxes of meats and carbs, pasta and such." She turned and looked around the store. "Please deliver it to the large ship at the 5th loading dock." She payed and walked out of the store. "Now to the ammunition station." She pointed one of the larger shops located on the space station. She looked at Chrono then started to walk towards the shop.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:34 PM »
Entaru bursted into the brig fuming.

"WHERE ARE THOSE ROTTEN FLEABAGS THAT KILLED MY BABY!!"  Entaru shouted, enraged at the destruction of his ship.  Hissing noises could be heard coming from the suit as it attempted to sedate him.  All the chemicals however had depleted while he was unconcious, trying to keep him from dying. The only thing the suit was doing now was pinching him, and ticking him off.  

Entaru looked into the cell that held the Ellan's captain and crew, his eyes bulging and bloodshot.

"THERE YOU ARE!!  PREPARE FOR A TRIP TO THE TAXIDERMIST YOU FILTHY BEASTS!!!"  Entaru pulled out his blaster and aimed at Kimchi.