The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Childish fears...  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Childish fears...
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »
Do you remember when you were a kid, being a fraid of or believing in something absurd? I just though it would be funny to see what you guys used to believe in or be afraid of as a kid... maybe something a sibling or parent made you believe!

For Example, mine:
You remember when Gushers first came out? You remember the commercials they had?
They were very similar to the ones today.
I used to refuse to eat them, for fear my head might sprout into a gigantic fruit.
I never ate a Gusher until a year after they came out...
They had developed ''Jurrasic Gushers" and in the commercials, a kid would eat the gusher, and BAM!
Turn into a dinosaur, (this is actually funny considering I'm a scaley...)
I ate one and was disappointed when I didn't turn into a scaley, ferocious T-rex.

Looking back on it, I think it's hilarious...
Post your childish beliefs/fears!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Childish fears...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »
Believe it or not, I think a lot of kids grew up with that fear  :P Gushers should put disclaimers in their commercials.

As for me, I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm sure there was something... Maybe I'll post back later.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

ephemral

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:09:27 AM »
Gosh I feel old now....

There was this opening in a wall in a bathroom at my cousin's house.
You could easily see wires and all.
I had the fear that if I touched them my finger would get stuck.
I think it was only because my cousin said it to me and I just thought it that way.
Never did actualy question how irrational it was till it was covered.

You realy couldn't say I actualy feared it.

airraiser

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 06:58:17 PM »
Childhood fear, yea ummmm well it's gone behyond childhood now. Two movies scared the crap outa me. Willy Wonka and The Cocolate factory, I saw part of it when I was like 8. I thought he killed all thoes kids, cause they never said what happened to them! And yea the fear has grown, my sisters love that movie and when the remake came out they rented it. My mom knows I am scared of that movie so while getting ready to leave the house with her, I avoided looking at the TV. To bad I could hear it. I started to have a panic attack and ran out of the house.   :sniffle:

Second movie is ET, yes that little loveable alien movie gives me the creeps. Again first saw it when I was little, and unlike most kids I was never exposed to many movies past whimscal muppits or cartoons. Went to bed that night and had the worst nightmares about it.

So yea to this day I won't watch thoes two movies.

Offline BethanieStealsCheese

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:54:11 PM »
Clowns, puppets, marionettes, ventriloquist dummies and any china dolls.

I still hold these fears now, except they aren't near as bad as they used to be. I saw some crazy clown movie when I was young, where clowns zapped people with rays, and they turned into big pink flesh sacks. Then a really gigantic clown came along with a straw and sucked them dry.

Heh.  =s

Another thing that helped develop fear of all things doll-ish was Chucky. I've never seen the movie, but I saw the covers of the movies once when we went to get a movie as a kid, and my imagination ran wild.

Oh, and fish. We swim in lakes here, and I am terrified that a fish is going to lop my toes off. We have muskies, they are big and scary!  :sniffle:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
Childhood fear, yea ummmm well it's gone behyond childhood now. Two movies scared the flaming bag of dog doo outa me. Willy Wonka and The Cocolate factory, I saw part of it when I was like 8. I thought he killed all thoes kids, cause they never said what happened to them! And yea the fear has grown, my sisters love that movie and when the remake came out they rented it. My mom knows I am scared of that movie so while getting ready to leave the house with her, I avoided looking at the TV. To bad I could hear it. I started to have a panic attack and ran out of the house. ÂÂ  :sniffle:

You should actually probably watch the remake, cuz it actually shows what happens to the kids  :P

Anyway, about my fear. Ventriloquist dummies. That was it. Those have always freaked me out. Eeeevil creepy-looking things  =s

Art stream:

airraiser

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »
Childhood fear, yea ummmm well it's gone behyond childhood now. Two movies scared the flaming bag of dog doo outa me. Willy Wonka and The Cocolate factory, I saw part of it when I was like 8. I thought he killed all thoes kids, cause they never said what happened to them! And yea the fear has grown, my sisters love that movie and when the remake came out they rented it. My mom knows I am scared of that movie so while getting ready to leave the house with her, I avoided looking at the TV. To bad I could hear it. I started to have a panic attack and ran out of the house. ÂÂ  :sniffle:

You should actually probably watch the remake, cuz it actually shows what happens to the kidsÂÂ  :P

Anyway, about my fear. Ventriloquist dummies. That was it. Those have always freaked me out. Eeeevil creepy-looking thingsÂÂ  =s

Yea I heard about that, my best friend told me about it, I almost started screaming. I was actully more horrified.

And heh we have a dummy here, he scares me. He has that sort of blank retarded grin. His jaw is broken but still thing gives me the creeps. I sooo want to do some photos with him =3

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:34 AM »
*shudders and hides*  :peek: Just keep him away from me...

Art stream:

Offline FoxyMcCloud

• Im watching you O.O
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Just add water!
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxtaur
  • Coloring: The usual red fox colors.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Sturdy, yet slim.
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 06:25:23 AM »
My fears as a child...hmm....THA BOOGEH MAN! I would never sleep until I literaly strapped the covers over my head and feet!
"i r guy who gon t33ch you less0n" ~ Master Chief - Arby 'n' The Chief

Offline Tocharaeh

• Avid Aardvark
    • Tochie's Den ^.^
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »
coffee beans....nuff said
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:42:31 AM by Tocharaeh »
Cut off aA Wolves Head And He Still Have The Power To Kill You

-Princess Mononoke

Offline vista0007

• Boisterous Bear
    • Vista0007 - IMVU home page
    • Awards
  • Species: changes between wolf and cat
  • Height: 5' 3"
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 10:22:47 AM »
aliens... I was afraid of aliens. I watched a show when I was 6 or 7... I had nightmares for months :peek:  So I would sleep with the blanket pulled over my head and a whole bunch of plushies  :umm: I still can't watch shows or movies with aliens unless I leave a light on...
Resistance is futile! ---> http://avatars.imvu.com/vista0007

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:42:03 AM »
When I was little my family was a bingo family including my grandmas they collected those bingo trolls you know the ones withthe huge tfts of hair like in pink.  Those things are freaking scary and still are I never like to go to my grandmas house.  I still have reoccurring dreams of them trying to get me and or eat me and or kill me.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline BethanieStealsCheese

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
This is why it is so awful for movies to use children, and childhood items in horror movies. It's is actually proven that it scars children!

Offline PurestSeraphim

• Avid Aardvark
  • Lookie...I'm a statue.
    • Baptism By Fire
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 09:35:33 PM »

Second movie is ET, yes that little loveable alien movie gives me the creeps. Again first saw it when I was little, and unlike most kids I was never exposed to many movies past whimscal muppits or cartoons. Went to bed that night and had the worst nightmares about it.

I'm with you there!!! But you can also throw in a helping of Gremlins part 1...that freaked the daylights out of me!!!

:peek:What really scared me was when I was about 8yrs old...a bible scripture something  about not being caught asleep when the master comes...I couldn't sleep for a very very very long time...no one told me it wasn't literal!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:39:26 PM by PurestSeraphim »
•°¤(¯`°PurestSeraphim°´¯)¤°•

Jesus Said: "I am the way the truth and the Life, no man comes to the father but by me". John 14:6
Except no Imitations! Jesus is the only way to heaven!

Offline vista0007

• Boisterous Bear
    • Vista0007 - IMVU home page
    • Awards
  • Species: changes between wolf and cat
  • Height: 5' 3"
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 09:42:50 PM »
Childhood fear, yea ummmm well it's gone behyond childhood now. Two movies scared the flaming bag of dog doo outa me. Willy Wonka and The Cocolate factory, I saw part of it when I was like 8. I thought he killed all thoes kids, cause they never said what happened to them! And yea the fear has grown, my sisters love that movie and when the remake came out they rented it. My mom knows I am scared of that movie so while getting ready to leave the house with her, I avoided looking at the TV. To bad I could hear it. I started to have a panic attack and ran out of the house.   :sniffle:

I'm with you there!!! But you can also throw in a helping of Gremlins part 1...that freaked the daylights out of me!!!

eek, the gremlins! forgot about those... I watched that when I was 6...scared me to death
Resistance is futile! ---> http://avatars.imvu.com/vista0007