The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Annoying parents and loneliness...  (Read 859 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Annoying parents and loneliness...
« on: November 29, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »
I hate when my parents is being annoying... For example, about every night at about 10pm (midnight if its not school the next day) when mom wants me to "turn off the computer and go to sleep so I can go to sleep"... Then she comes next to me and sits on a chair there staring at what I do on teh until I turn it off and go to sleep... I find that annoying because i'll have to minimize almost everything I do, because mom doesnt like like when im on forums or chat to people I dont know... And if I tell her to go out she just asks me "what is so secret" and starts thinking that im looking at adult stuff or sumthin else I shouldn't look at (which I dont do), when im at my dads house (my mom and dad is divorced so im at my dads house every uncommon week and my moms house every common week) dad just goes to sleep and trusts me that I go to sleep when its bedtime...

I've told my mom several times that she can go to sleep and i'll go to sleep when its bedtime for me, but she never trusts me because because I dont like to do what she tells me to when she constantly tells me to do it until I do it because I like to do things my own way and not just have anyone, not even my parents, constantly telling me what to do...

Another thing is that I LOVE to be just for myself, and I dont actually like to spend time with my family, just like the fox; I dont like to go in groups...
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
Re: Annoying parents and loneliness...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »
I wish I could give you deep insight that could solve this problem, but I can't. I hope everything works out for you, though. :( It sucks when kids don't get along with their parents.

Offline userstupidname

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Panthera tigris
  • Coloring: darkish yellow with black spots
  • Weight: *blush*
  • Build: oh cman
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:22:57 AM »
So many problems and worries on how i live is just from my parents who force them on me. Everything basically works good for me, friend wise, school wise etc. But a time ago they have started to push me: What are the others doing? Shouldn't you go out with them (not even acknowledging that i am speaking to them on the computer at the same time  :/)? Also even whit my grades are going good but there are things that i knew i wasn't good at and it was okey. But then they were getting mad about me only getting a G (I think that is around C in the other scale) on my french tests while nearly everything else is going good. So now i am going around stressing my self about doing bad in french.

I was so happy with the way i lived and i still am but just feel so much more worried and at unease with my parents pointing out that everything is faulty.

Offline FireFox

• Avid Aardvark
  • Drive fast waste gas!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red back with a tanish stomach, paws are the oranges and furry
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 180
  • Build: muscle
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 04:04:21 AM »
well man, a couple of things with your mom maybe try to like reason with her, show her your responsible enough to handle yourself, that worked for me with my parents. and about the being alone sometimes you might need other people to help you with things or be there for you, yeno? i hope i helped a little good luck ^^
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\nIMVU:Furrybro\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:38:32 AM »
It might help if you do the other things your mom tells you to do. You may not like being told what to do, but you can at least show her evidence that you can listen to her and be trusted.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 10:21:05 AM »
read my signature.

and then read this:

it is the way of a parent's love to push down upon their child. Particularly the mother. Parents are like that, always will be like that. If you ever have kids, you'll probably be the same. It is insanity, yet it is so insanely common. Live with it, and accept that your parents are flawed as are all parents, and they are blinded by worry and love.

like it or not, that's how it is.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
read my signature.

and then read this:

it is the way of a parent's love to push down upon their child. Particularly the mother. Parents are like that, always will be like that. If you ever have kids, you'll probably be the same. It is insanity, yet it is so insanely common. Live with it, and accept that your parents are flawed as are all parents, and they are blinded by worry and love.

like it or not, that's how it is.
Yeah, i've noticed that... Well, i love my parents and i think they are awesome, but i just think they can be very annoying sometimes :/
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
but i just think they can be very annoying sometimes
as are they all.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:17 PM »
for a while i started to become unsosciable... my parents (mum especially) kept asking what my mates where doing... didnt i want to go into town with them? etc.. etc..

for a while i was really defensive and annoyed, i kept saying no... and that i didnt care... but after a while i started to listen, my parents took me down to the gigs and the pubs down in the town centre, where i now go most weekends to meet with mates... listen to some live music or have a drink, or if its earlier in the day just hang around in town....

so what im saying is.... parents are right... youre wrong... nah just kidding  ;)

what im really saying is... try and do some of the things your parents say (in your case get to bed earlier) this will then prove to them that your capable of being adult like and they will trust you more... other than that remember they love you
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
It's only natural really. Try to tell her how you feel, and depending on how brave you are, everything in general. I used to always wonder why my mum keeps on asking me if I'm on drugs, and she still does, but why does she ask? She cares. Though I do believe in caring too much and becoming too sheltered, the other day I "haggled time" with my mum to try and get until 6PM in Manchester, rather than 3PM which she wanted me back for, but the way I see all of that: if the world's hard, why not take a step now? Eh, if I was in the parental position I'd probably end up doing the same.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 03:47:07 PM »
I hate when my parents is being annoying... For example, about every night at about 10pm (midnight if its not school the next day) when mom wants me to "turn off the computer and go to sleep so I can go to sleep"... Then she comes next to me and sits on a chair there staring at what I do on teh until I turn it off and go to sleep... I find that annoying because i'll have to minimize almost everything I do, because mom doesnt like like when im on forums or chat to people I dont know... And if I tell her to go out she just asks me "what is so secret" and starts thinking that im looking at adult stuff or sumthin else I shouldn't look at (which I dont do), when im at my dads house (my mom and dad is divorced so im at my dads house every uncommon week and my moms house every common week) dad just goes to sleep and trusts me that I go to sleep when its bedtime...

I've told my mom several times that she can go to sleep and i'll go to sleep when its bedtime for me, but she never trusts me because because I dont like to do what she tells me to when she constantly tells me to do it until I do it because I like to do things my own way and not just have anyone, not even my parents, constantly telling me what to do...

Another thing is that I LOVE to be just for myself, and I dont actually like to spend time with my family, just like the fox; I dont like to go in groups...

I feel you on that.
Well, have you ever done anything to make her think you were doing "bad" things on the interwebz?

and I'm not that close to my family ethier.
xD
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Alonzorion

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitty-Wuff
  • Coloring: Blue and Grey
  • Build: Short, fluffy, cuddley :3
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »

I laughed when I read this because your mom uses similar methods to which my mom did when I lived with her, my parents are divorced too and I'd always complain about how my dad did this and that differently... I guess at the end of the day; she's you mom and she's just doing what she thinks is best and is curious about what you do and who you are, perhaps she thinks she doesn't know you well enough? I know that certainly turned out to be the case with my mom. =)
Gone. If you want to get in contact, try: [email protected]

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 02:10:53 AM »
I fell you there i don't like being with my family we don't get along and every one has to question every thing i do.

Like when i wore an all black outfit and i was listing to Marlian Manson my mum thought i was emo and suicidal.
Or another time i bought a hot pink belt my mom thought i was gay and she kept asking me if we needed to talk (she wasn't realizing that by making it sound like it was such a bad thing she just makes it worse), in the end she is trying to do what she thinks was right but in the end it may not be they are flawed but its better for them to fail trying then not to try at all.   

^_^ hope i helped a little
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »
she may annoy you, however your mother has it in her best interest to make sure nothing bad is happening. For all she knows you could be sneaking out of the house and doing illegal activities, not saying you do, and she wants to be sure her son grows up to be a clean respectable member of society.

She also wants you to go to sleep and turn off the computer so your not glued to the thing and addicted to the computer. After all she might want you to be a lawyer or salesman.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »
your mother has it in her best interest to make sure nothing bad is happening
true
She also wants you to go to sleep and turn off the computer so your not glued to the thing and addicted to the computer.
true

she is just worried about her son... its maternal instinct, most animals have it
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"